Installing in Windows 10 21H2 with exploit protection on

Bugs & Suggestions
superian
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Installing in Windows 10 21H2 with exploit protection on

Post by superian »

I recently came across a photo editing program that has problems with this - i.e. its installer contains code practices that the inbuilt Windows exploit protection considers dodgy.

I may not ever use it, but I thought I would install ASP3 on the same 'artistic programs' PC. The tiny setup program downloads the main setup program (to c:\users\(name)\appdata\local\temp\(short random name)\AfterShotPro 3) but all that happens is a 'initialising the installation wizard / please wait' message.

Has anyone successfully installed it on 21H2 with exploit protection on? If I need to let it do something Microsoft considers naughty, what exception do I have to make?
superian
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A

Re: Installing in Windows 10 21H2 with exploit protection on

Post by superian »

The solution was in the "Install window to small to click agree!" post on the PaintShop Pro forum, even though the issues show up differently:

forum.corel.com/viewtopic.php?p=354605#p354605

Curiously, there were no problems with Painter.
Voiceofexperience
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
motherboard: ASRock
processor: AMD FX-4300
ram: 32 gb
Video Card: AMD Radeon 7 200
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5 tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG S-IPS
Corel programs: None - I'm fussy.

Re: Installing in Windows 10 21H2 with exploit protection on

Post by Voiceofexperience »

I can't think of a single good reason to put AfterShot Pro on my Win 10 machine.

If I was a Linux zealot, I might feel I have little choice - but the whole reason I use Windows is so that I do have choices.