AfterShot Pro Plugins
spoilerhead
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 13.5TB

[Plugin] FatToni

Post by spoilerhead »

Like for SB,I'm creating this thread to give an Introduction to this plugin, and its properties, and provide a place to talk about it and share presets and sample images.

FatToni (click to download), Current version: T32

FatToni is a all in one Split Toning and tint control tool. It is optimized to work along the Silicon Bonk plugin, but of course it also works with other Black & White plugins and even on Color Images. (e.g. to achieve a cross processing effect)
FT_UI.png
FT_UI.png (26.1 KiB) Viewed 10653 times
Highlights (Hue and Saturation) defines the toning color (Hue) and intensity(Saturation) of the images highlights. A saturation of 0 equals to no toning, 100 to maximal intensity.
ex: Hue 0, Saturation 100: Strong red toning; Hue 0 Saturation 10: Very subtle red toning.
(nota bene: this HSL is encoded ProPhotoRGB)

Shadows (Hue and Saturation) same as Highlights, but for the shadow parts of the image

Base (Hue,Saturation and [Luminance]) It's easiest to think of Base as a Paper Color control. Base gets defined in HSL, meaning that a Luminance of 100 is White, no matter what the other 2 controls are set to, and 0 means Black The pure colors are available at Luminance 50. (i.e. Hue 0, Saturation 100, Luminance 50 equals to pure red)

In the Controls section are three more controls that affect the Toning:

Mid controls the balance of the toning. Positive values shift it towards the highlights, negatives towards the shadows
Separation controls how well the two tonings get separated. 0 means that the two colors will smoothly flow into each other, so a tiny bit of the highlight toning will apply to the shadows and vice versa. The higher this value the more the two colors will be separated.

Contrast Changes how the toning will be applied. Lower values give a flatter, more colorful look, whereas higher values will preserve more of the original luminance. A value of 100 means that White will stay white, and same for black.

Known issues:
T31 got a bug i found just recently. Low Contrast values could lead to some corruption in the shadows. it will be fixed in the next version

Changelog:

T32 (2012-01-29): Bug fix: Shadow corruption with low contrast and high saturation values
T31: Huge speed improvements
T30: Initial ASP release

Future versions:

TODO: Sample images

My thanks go to jknights for providing the mac builds.
My plugins are free, if you enjoy them, please think about donating me a coffee/beer here. Thanks
Last edited by spoilerhead on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
my ASP Plugins - donation button ( send beer! :) )
linux,7d, glass and a huge mug of coffee.
If you got any immediate problems with my plugins, don't by shy on contact me on GoogleTalk.
spoilerhead

Re: [Plugin] FatToni

Post by spoilerhead »

Reserved for sample images, as the board is limited to 3 images per post. (please don't delete this)
If you got any immediate problems with my plugins, don't by shy on contact me on GoogleTalk.
afx
Video Card: FirePro 4900
Monitor/Display Make & Model: NEC PA301w, ColorMunki

Post by afx »

Silicon Bonk & FatToni:

Need to tone down the highlights a bit compared to the B5 version posted on the Bibble boards.

cheers
afx
Send bugs to the Monkey // AfterShot Kickstart Guide // sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad
Bibble since 2005 // W7 64 on quad Phenom // Ubuntu 14.4 on quad i7 and dualcore AMD // Images
claudermilk
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C

Post by claudermilk »

Nice!
Bibble transplant
spoilerhead

Post by spoilerhead »

T32 fixes a bug that would corrupt shadows under certain circumstances
spoilerhead

Post by spoilerhead »

admins: please move to plugin section, thank you very much