operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Hard_Drive_Capacity: Varennes

Split screen issue

Post by albol »

Hi,
I have VideoStudio 2022 Ultimate.
Every single tutorial on how to do split screens in VideoStudio has clips start at the beginning of the video. I'm creating a video which starts normally but then somewhere in the middle I want to split the screen between two takes of the same subject (two cameras were used to capture a rock band playing a song). When I drag a template on the storyboard where I want the split screen to start, whether pre-existing or a template that I create, it doesn't come with placeholders to replace with actual clips. So I have no way of telling VS which clip should go in which "frame" of the split screen.
When I learn how to do that, then I assume I'll have issues with timing the clips together... I intend to use the audio from one of the cameras in the voice or music track for that and mute the actual clips, but I'll still have to sync the videoclips with the sound.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
tletter
processor: i7-3632QM
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 3080
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4,X5,X6,X7,X8,X9,X10,2018,2019,2021

Re: Split screen issue

Post by tletter »

albol wrote: I'm creating a video which starts normally but then somewhere in the middle I want to split the screen between two takes of the same subject (two cameras were used to capture a rock band playing a song). When I drag a template on the storyboard where I want the split screen to start, whether pre-existing or a template that I create, it doesn't come with placeholders to replace with actual clips. So I have no way of telling VS which clip should go in which "frame" of the split screen.
VS by default adds a split-screen at the end of the VSP. One way to move it where you want it, is to add a blank image as a placeholder on the video timeline where you want the split-screen, and then drag the images and splitlines.png to underneath the blank image (see image).
erase.jpg
tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX, 19, 20, 22 PSP2023, PI, MS3D

Re: Split screen issue

Post by lata »

Consider creating a short project of your two recordings, creating a split screen effect if you wish
Sync your video files.
Render to a new video file, you can now add this new video to your main project.
You can also add the VSP to your project ( nesting) although I think rendering to a new file may be best.
When inserting the video to the middle of your project you may need to use Ripple Editing, depends on the content of your other timelines
Regards Trevor