Moderator: Ken Berry

sealilly
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: VideostudioPro Ultimate 2021

Rename clips in folder?

Post by sealilly »

Typically dont need to do this but today I am trying to rename clips in a folder. I thought I could do this in a previous version but have not tried in years. Is there a way to rename these clips for identification? I tried right click and double click, both on thumb and on text.
Capture copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX, 19, 20, 22 PSP2023, PI, MS3D

Re: Rename clips in folder?

Post by lata »

Sealilly
What version of Video Studio are you using, can you update your profile to include your corel products (User Control Panel – Profile tab)

Rename the library clips, one at a time,
a slow double left click on the name should allow you to change the name. (select the clip then select its name)

Be aware that this only changes the library name and not the name of the actual files on the hard drive.
Regards Trevor
Ken Berry
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 11
motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC
processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
ram: 32 GB DDR4
Video Card: AMD RX 6600 XT
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB SSD + 2 TB HDD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS2022; PSP2023; DRAW2021; Painter 2022

Post by Ken Berry »

If you want to change the name on the hard drive, then you would have to use File Explorer > Rename.... but again, this would require you to do it one by one. I understand there used to be third party programs out there which could do bulk renaming of many files, though I have never done this. I would also imagine that it would use a system naming the files with a basic name and adding consecutive numbers in that group (such as Name_01; Name_02; Name_03 etc)... Other might hopefully have suggestions in this regard since I imagine such programs are still out there.

Renaming will of course trigger a request that you relink.
Ken Berry
sealilly
Corel programs: VideostudioPro Ultimate 2021

Post by sealilly »

Thanks Trevor, I swear I tried that yesterday, but working today!! Maybe I did not line up my cursor exactly.
sealilly wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:07 pm Typically dont need to do this but today I am trying to rename clips in a folder. I thought I could do this in a previous version but have not tried in years. Is there a way to rename these clips for identification? I tried right click and double click, both on thumb and on text.

Capture copy.jpg
canuck
operating_system: Windows 8.1

Post by canuck »

Ken Berry wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:45 am If you want to change the name on the hard drive, then you would have to use File Explorer > Rename.... but again, this would require you to do it one by one. I understand there used to be third party programs out there which could do bulk renaming of many files, though I have never done this. I would also imagine that it would use a system naming the files with a basic name and adding consecutive numbers in that group (such as Name_01; Name_02; Name_03 etc)... Other might hopefully have suggestions in this regard since I imagine such programs are still out there.

Renaming will of course trigger a request that you relink.
Advanced Renamer will batch rename your files with all sorts of criteria. It is free
www.advancedrenamer.com
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX, 19, 20, 22 PSP2023, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

Hi Canuck
Thanks for the info and link to the Advanced Rename,
I have always used Bulk Rename Utility https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ which like Advanced appears to be able to rename to any combination.

However Batch did not have a Date Taken column which did cause me a bit of work the last time I used it,
I notice Advanced does have that option so will certainly be giving this a run the next time I need to re-name my images.
Regards Trevor