Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX, 19, 20, 22 PSP2023, PI, MS3D

Re: VideoStudio Ultimate 2022 won't open

Post by lata »

Clayton
Sorry you are having issues running Video Studio, this does seem to affect some users but not all which does make it difficult to pin down the reasons.
So far i have not heard of a definite fix from Corel although i assume most have eventually managed to run the program.
There have been other posts suggesting possible fixes.

First when we try to run the program we are asked to register by either creating an account or sign in to an existing account, I assume you have completed that process, only shows once after installation.

New Blue filters have apparently caused the program to fail, advice from Corel was to Install Video Studio 2022, then before launching the program go to…..
C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\uninstallers
uninstall the New Blue filters, then try running the program

TrialVersion
Installing the Trial version has launched ok, from there we can update to the purchased version.
I had no problems in installing the Trial other than using different version numbers.

If you have not done so I would suggest you install the Trial to see how that.
Regards Trevor
KAK
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Hard_Drive_Capacity: VANCOUVER

Post by KAK »

Hello.

I am experiencing the same problems. Uninstalling BLUE FX does not work. I attempt to open VS and I only see the program appear in task manager for a few seconds before it vanishes.

I will uninstall once again and try going from the trial version. Perhaps, that will work.

Karim
javelinman
operating_system: Windows 11

Post by javelinman »

Took weeks to resolve this problem. Here's the fix that finally worked from customer support:

I would suggest you to remove all NewBlue entries. Please follow the below instructions:

You can uninstall NewBlue Titler EX for Corel VideoStudio from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
Windows Vista/7/8/10: Click Uninstall a Program.
Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
When you find the program NewBlue Titler EX for Corel VideoStudio, click it, and then do one of the following:
Windows Vista/7/8/10: Click Uninstall.
Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove NewBlue Titler EX for Corel VideoStudio.

If If none are found, Please do the below steps:
C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\uninstallers and run the uninstallers from here. After which they need to reboot* then try the launch again

>>>>If you required, Kindly refer to the below additional link:
https://www.advanceduninstaller.com/New ... cation.htm
itecorel
processor: 11th Gen Intel Core i7
Video Card: integrated Intel Iris Xe with 10 GB shared

Post by itecorel »

Running Video Studio Ultimate 2020 just fine on system. Bought update to Video Studio Ultimate 2022 and it will not start up. Task manager shows it running in background, but nothing initiates.

This fails for both trial and full version. Tried removing the three NewBlueFX uninstallers in "C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\uninstallers" prior to initial start of program. This also did not work.

The system is well above minimum specs listed here: https://kb.corel.com/en/128826

The Intel Iris Xe graphics card is integrated into the 11th Gen Intel Core i7 and does not have any dedicated graphics memory, just 10 GB shared. Could this be the issue?
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX, 19, 20, 22 PSP2023, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

Hi itecorel
And welcome to the forums
I would advise that you re—install Video Studio especially if you have updated from the Trial version.
Can I ask, did you uninstall the Trial before installing VS 2022?

To remove the program use the Cleanup tool from https://forum.corel.com/viewtopic.php?t=59847
Running the installation file VideoStudio2022_Installer.exe 7156Kb, choose a new empty download folder to provide new installation files.

When running Video Studio 2022 you will be prompted to download and install the Service Pack.
At the moment this is not recommended as is causing some quality issues.
Your version should be 25.1.0.472
Hope this helps
Regards Trevor