Getting vector graphics software that works on windows 7 in 2021

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

anwarjut87
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel
ram: 16GB DDR4
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
sound_card: not available
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 250GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: SONY TV
Corel programs: AfterShot Pro 3

Getting vector graphics software that works on windows 7 in 2021

Post by anwarjut87 »

I need a vector graphics software that works on Windows 7. I'm a strong opponent to programmed obsolescence, and I have strong objections against monthly subscription plans to use a piece of software you will never own. My computer is old but still working fine, and I see no reasons for buying a new machine with Windows 10.

I wanted to know if anybody knew of a place where I could get older copies of CorelDraw of Adobe Illustrator. I would obviously prefer legal answers.
Ken Berry
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 11
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC
processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
ram: 32 GB DDR4
Video Card: AMD RX 6600 XT
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB SSD + 2 TB HDD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS2022; PSP2023; DRAW2021; Painter 2022

Re: Getting vector graphics software that works on windows 7 in 2021

Post by Ken Berry »

Some of our users may be able to provide a more specific answer. However, unfortunately, this forum does not cover CorelDRAW (or of course Illustrator). There is a separate forum for that where you might get a better answer. It's at https://community.coreldraw.com/ You will need to register separately there.

Coincidentally, I happen to use DRAW and have done so since the very first version back in the early '90s. But I only ever buy a new version every four or five versions, and I suspect even that may be generous since there is seldom anything hugely new in the latest version. That is not a criticism. I really like the program and it provides much more than I ever use.
Ken Berry