Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

migf1
operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Corel PaintShop Pro 2021 Ultimate Installer Issue

Post by migf1 »

No problem, let us know when you have news to share :)

PS. I would still switch Windows to English, install, and then switch Windows back to Finnish.... but that's only me lol
Good Unofficial PaintShop Pro Tutorials: Creation CasselMake Shop ProHEC Image EditingLeviFiction PSP Basics
(plus my own Gimp & Stuff)
J4R1O
operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
processor: Intel Core i9 10900F
ram: 32GB
Video Card: Asus Dual GeForce GTX 1660 Super EVO OC
sound_card: Lynx Hilo

Post by J4R1O »

migf1 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:09 pm
Btw, in the meantime, why don't you just switch Windows to English so your installer will hopefully work, and once done switch Windows back to your language?
Tried that but didn't help.
J4R1O

Post by J4R1O »

migf1 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:19 pm
No problem, let us know when you have news to share :)
Well, it looks like the Corel support thinks the case is solved. They replied that "let them (well, "me", actually) know whether the program is installed and working fine". :/

I don't know if I'm disappointed or just feeling sorry for the support's incompetence... maybe both. And also a little bit annoyed since I paid 35 euros and got some corrupted file for my money.

Support said that I should click the corrupted installer's save-button, and you can call me paranoid, but I won't click anything if it looks like it may harm my computer. I just don't want to install any software on my PC if the installer's pop-up screen looks like that.
Last edited by J4R1O on Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J4R1O

Post by J4R1O »

Now they [Corel Support] want to "fix this issue by taking remote session". Is it normal that customer support doesn't want to explain why the setup file seems to be corrupted or explain why the installer looks so different than the PSP 2021 demo installer but insted want to access to customer's computer?

NOW I'm suspicious...
Last edited by J4R1O on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
migf1

Post by migf1 »

I'm sorry to hear that. Also I'm not sure what or where that "Save" button is.

Btw, when I suggested switching Windows to English for the installation, I meant the whole Windows user-interface, not just the keyboard.

Well, I too believe PSP will install fine despite the installer not being able to display your language. You can also save your Windows current state, and then load it back if the installation doesn't work (though I would simply install it, and then if PSP isn't right either, I would uninstall it and then also run Corel's cleanup tool).

PS. As a final note, from what you said, Corel's refusal to take an interest in fixing the fonts display in the installer is indeed quite disappointing.
Good Unofficial PaintShop Pro Tutorials: Creation CasselMake Shop ProHEC Image EditingLeviFiction PSP Basics
J4R1O

Post by J4R1O »

I guess I'll just try to claim my money back and keep using PSP X4.
migf1

Post by migf1 »

That's an option too, totally up to you.
migf1

Post by migf1 »

J4R1O wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:06 pm
Now they [Corel Support] want to "fix this issue by taking remote session". Is it normal that customer support doesn't want to explain why the setup file seems to be corrupted or explain why the installer looks so different than the PSP 2021 demo installer but insted want to access to customer's computer?

NOW I'm suspicious...
It's common practice for support of many companies to use Remote Sessions, trying to understand and fix issues on users systems.
Not wanting to explain probably means they don't know, hence their request for remote session. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
J4R1O

Post by J4R1O »

Ok, I entered the serial number on the PSP 2021 Standard demo version and it turned into Ultimate!

So issue solved now... kind of. I still hope that support would report a corrupted PSP_Ultimate_DD setup file (version 15.0.0.498) to their tech team to avoid any confusion or doubt.

Thank you, guys! It's good to know that there are people who are willing to help if something unpredictable happens, appreciated!

Stay safe out there, wherever you are.
migf1

Post by migf1 »

That's really cool! Didn't expect the demo to turn into Ultimate once activated, kudos for that! Happy you finally solved it, and yeah they should definitely look into fixing that installer.

Thanks for the feedback, will certainly be useful to other people having the same issue. Stay safe too!
ericlin-corel
Corel
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
Corel programs: PSP

Post by ericlin-corel »

J4R1O wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:51 am
I downloaded the setup file (PSP2021_Ultimate_DD version 15.0.0.498) again but it still looks corrupted:

Support also suggested me to run the clean up tool for PSP 2021, but I don't know how it would help anything since I haven't even installed Ultimate yet. Only PSP 2021 demo and it works fine.
Hi, J4R10

This is Eric Lin in Corel.
Can you tell me where you download (or buy) this from?
We need to confirm the issue from the selling channel to the source.....
Many thanks.

Best,
Eric
Ken Berry
Site Admin
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Post by Ken Berry »

Thanks for intervening, Eric. The OP said very early in this thread:
J4R10 wrote:And the funniest part: I purchased this license from Corel's very own web shop.
Hopefully, though, they may be able to give you more specific information from Cleverbridge.
Ken Berry
ericlin-corel
Corel

Post by ericlin-corel »

J4R1O wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:31 pm
migf1 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:10 pm
This is weird indeed, looks to me like PSP can't recognize the language used on your system.

In your profile I see you are in Finland, is your Windows 10 switched to a non-English language? Or, are you trying to install the program in a folder whose complete path contains non-English letters? These are the 2 things I would check first in this case. It may be a long shot, since PSP (and hopefully its installer too) supports UTF character sets, but it may worth giving it a try.
Hi,

Yes, I'm using Windows 10 Pro Finnish Edition, but that shouldn't cause any issues. I've installed dozens of software (and hundreds of audio plugins) earlier this year since I bought a new PC, but I've never encountered anything like this. I also checked that ParticleShop and Artistic Effects Script Bundle seem to start installation process without any issues. And what comes to installation path, that was by default. I didn't change anything.
Hi, J4R10
Our original setting is that if the PSP detects the system language is not supported, it should show English by default.
I admitted that we did not test the installation on all languages of Windows....
I will find a Finnish system and see if we can see the same issue.
Thanks for the report.

Best,
Eric Lin
ericlin-corel
Corel

Post by ericlin-corel »

Ken Berry wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:53 pm
Thanks for intervening, Eric. The OP said very early in this thread:
J4R10 wrote:And the funniest part: I purchased this license from Corel's very own web shop.
Hopefully, though, they may be able to give you more specific information from Cleverbridge.
Oh.... Sorry I missed that ....
J4R1O

Post by J4R1O »

ericlin-corel wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 pm
J4R1O wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:31 pm
migf1 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:10 pm
This is weird indeed, looks to me like PSP can't recognize the language used on your system.

In your profile I see you are in Finland, is your Windows 10 switched to a non-English language? Or, are you trying to install the program in a folder whose complete path contains non-English letters? These are the 2 things I would check first in this case. It may be a long shot, since PSP (and hopefully its installer too) supports UTF character sets, but it may worth giving it a try.
Hi,

Yes, I'm using Windows 10 Pro Finnish Edition, but that shouldn't cause any issues. I've installed dozens of software (and hundreds of audio plugins) earlier this year since I bought a new PC, but I've never encountered anything like this. I also checked that ParticleShop and Artistic Effects Script Bundle seem to start installation process without any issues. And what comes to installation path, that was by default. I didn't change anything.
Hi, J4R10
Our original setting is that if the PSP detects the system language is not supported, it should show English by default.
I admitted that we did not test the installation on all languages of Windows....
I will find a Finnish system and see if we can see the same issue.
Thanks for the report.

Best,
Eric Lin
Hi Eric,

(sorry for my late reply)

Thanks! That's good to know!

Can you also check out why PSP 2021 Ultimate crashes everytime when changing the workspace from complete to photography.

Cheers,

J4R1O