How to create text-based video ?

How to create text-based video ?

Postby jukka » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:29 am

I would like to get a simple white background with texts, and then adjust each slide time so that the time is same as the speech

You can see this kind of videos in marketing, somebody speaking, big text fitted to each slide and fast tempo.

How can i make it with video studio with THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PAIN!

Using the standard text is not an option, its so much pain. Every adjustment is pain. Is there an easier way ?
Like using some free vector app to create the texts and import them without loosing the quality or making slides in libre office and importing them and then adjusting timing..
jukka

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: intel
ram: 16gb
Video Card: nvidia
Monitor/Display Make & Model: whaat?! 4 monitors. Yup! 4
Corel programs: psp 2020, videostudio x9 & 2019

Re: How to create text-based video ?

Postby lata » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:14 am

Hi
Your profile shows using CVS X9, is this correct.

THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PAIN!
Whatever you use to create a text you have several attributes to set
1 / typing the actual text, font type and size.
2 / Positioning the text within a frame
3 / Apply any animation, crossfade for instance.
4 / Set the text duration to match the speech length.
5 / Position the text on the timeline to match the speech will require to modify the text image or text box duration.

For me the basic text editor provided with Video Studio is the way to go.
There are other options within Video Studio the Sub Title Editor could be the way to go although FX NewBlue Title Pro and Boris BCC Title Studio and are available.
The Sub Title Editor scans the video to create a text box where we type in the actual text, would be great to have voice recognition.

Of course we could use an Image Editor to create text embedded to an image or indeed a PNG with a transparent background.

Whatever you choose there is some work involved, again using Video Studio I believe is probably the easiest to work with.

Using Video Studio once the first Title has been created I would simply copy the clip to use again, I can drag the first clip to the library to create the copy, then drag anywhere on the timeline.
All I have to do is change the actual text match the voice and adjust the length, position on the timeline.

The hardest part is deciding what text to use, and that’s the same whatever options you use to create the text

The length of the text will affect its position on the frame but a single mouse click on the alignment options sorts that.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVS7, 9, 10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Postby BrianCee » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:55 pm

I have never had a problem - or any 'pain' in typing within Videostudio - this is a demo I made some time ago for another poster but it shows the ease of creating long text using the title creator inside Videostudio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CKsSM4CHT4
BrianCee

ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10, 2018 , 2019

Postby jukka » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:50 pm

BrianCee wrote:I have never had a problem - or any 'pain' in typing within Videostudio - this is a demo I made some time ago for another poster but it shows the ease of creating long text using the title creator inside Videostudio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CKsSM4CHT4

I would not use that kind of scroling text in any case. It's like comic sans in web design.

And like you did there - needing to make line changes manually with enter is the 1.st step of pain. Can't now remember the rest of them, but there are many more..
jukka

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
processor: intel
ram: 16gb
Video Card: nvidia
Monitor/Display Make & Model: whaat?! 4 monitors. Yup! 4
Corel programs: psp 2020, videostudio x9 & 2019

Postby canuck » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:01 pm

Your description of exactly what you want is very vague. Perhaps if you could give a sample video of what you want?
canuck

operating_system: Windows 8.1

Postby gewb » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 am

I think I understand what you want to do. I only had VS2020 available but that shouldn't make any difference. I created a short MP4 of dialog text to a movie clip as a sample. The sample is like making closed captioning. For your described project, leave out the video/vioce/audio and move the text location to the desired position within the frame.

From my Box account, download the video file ReadText.mp4 and the ReadText.zip file (project package + dialog text file). Unzip the project file into a directory of your choice and load it into VS. Open the .txt file with Notepad or similar application.

ReadText.mp4: https://app.box.com/s/v814w1nvc7oyjhx566hiroq6z83m9m2i
ReadText.zip: https://app.box.com/s/8gbrgr571l0fzo0gw16yjr481c22lx0z

My work flow began by creating a simple text of a dialog in a line structure. Then I entered a line break after each word and deleted the space that was between words yielding a verticle column of the words in the dialog. This makes it easier to copy the words when inserting them into VideoStudio.

I placed a color chip on the Video track (the sample project used three). I then entered tick markers where each word will begin and end.

Next I created a simple text frame on the Title1 track and entered the first word from the dialog .txt file. Next I set the text properties then copied that text frame multiple times along the Title1 track. I moved/positioned and resized the word frames to the timing markers and then changed the word in each text frame.

To see what I understand you wanted, in VS turn off the Overlay1 track and the Voice track.
gewb

motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
ram: 16GB
Video Card: AMD R9-270
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG 24MK430
Corel programs: X10.5 Ult., 2018 & 2020 Ult.

Postby lata » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:39 am

Hi Gary
Unfortunately any projects made with 2020 cannot be opened with earlier versions, as jukka uses 2019, will not be able to open that project unless 20-20 is being used.

Post Updates
I created a 2019 version although not exactly the same but will give an indication of Gary’s project
I used a STR you make copying the text a little quicker, that unfortunately changes the font size and colour but shows the same process.

Attached is the SRT and VSP for 2019,

2019.zip
(5.09 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

sub titles 2.zip
(475 Bytes) Downloaded 4 times

Hope this helps
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVS7, 9, 10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Postby gewb » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:31 pm

Thanks, Trevor. I forgot that VS2020 VSP can't be saved down version. Your version is close, thanks.
Download and run the MP4 (above) to see my VS2020 rendered version (it's short).
gewb

motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
ram: 16GB
Video Card: AMD R9-270
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG 24MK430
Corel programs: X10.5 Ult., 2018 & 2020 Ult.

Return to VideoStudio