VideoStudio 2020 issue with seeing individual frame images

VideoStudio 2020 issue with seeing individual frame images

Postby ima420r » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:07 am

I am using VideoStudio 2020 and have an issue with the scrubber and seeing individual frame images.

When I move the scrubber back and forth I don't see each frame image, I see one image for an entire scene. When the scene changes, I get another image for that scene. I need to take some screenshots but I can't because it captures the image displayed and not the image of the actual frame I am on. I did some testing and when I put in a random video and move the scrubber, I can see each frame, but I have to use the bar just under the video displayed. If I use the video track and back and forth, I see the one image per scene again.

I then loaded my project and tried the top bar under the video displayed and I could see each frame, but after doing a few edits it wouldn't work anymore.

Oh, and when I use the track to change frames, if I hold the button and move back and forth, I can see each frame image if my mouse is over the actual track line, but if I move it back and forth from above or below the track I just see the one image per scene. And if I let go of the mouse button while on a frame image, it just reverts to the scene image.

I hope this makes sense.

I have read through the manual and can't find anything about this. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!
ima420r

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: VideoStudio 2020 issue with seeing individual frame imag

Postby Ken Berry » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:36 am

Welcome to the forum!

I think that all you have to do is to go to Preferences > General, and up near the top of that tab go to "Clip Display Mode" and choose "Thumbnail Only"...
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby ima420r » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:44 pm

Ken Berry wrote:Welcome to the forum!

I think that all you have to do is to go to Preferences > General, and up near the top of that tab go to "Clip Display Mode" and choose "Thumbnail Only"...

I tried but it didn't work. Looks like all it does is change how the clips are displayed on each track. Thumbnail just changes the clips on each track to show a picture/frame and no file name. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I am trying to move the scrubber on a clip to a particular frame and have that frame show in the display/preview window.
ima420r

Postby Ken Berry » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:29 am

Well, you're still going to do what I said above, plus increase the timeline so that it shows individual frames. To do that, look where I've pointed the red arrow. There is a slider there, and moving it as far as it can go to the right will make the video in the timeline increase to a frame-by-frame view.

Depending on how far into the video the frame you are after is, it might be better to leave that slider out until you can scroll to approximately where the frame you are after is located. Then when you are in the area, use that slider to get individual frames showing. Then you should be able to more easily find exactly the one you are after...
Attachments
Frame Size.jpg
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Postby ima420r » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:59 am

Ken Berry wrote:Well, you're still going to do what I said above, plus increase the timeline so that it shows individual frames. To do that, look where I've pointed the red arrow. There is a slider there, and moving it as far as it can go to the right will make the video in the timeline increase to a frame-by-frame view.

Depending on how far into the video the frame you are after is, it might be better to leave that slider out until you can scroll to approximately where the frame you are after is located. Then when you are in the area, use that slider to get individual frames showing. Then you should be able to more easily find exactly the one you are after...

That didn't work either. I am zoomed in all the way and I have it set to show thumbnails only. I can see thumbnails of the individual frames on the track, and as I move through them they are shown on the preview display, but as soon as I let go of the mouse button it changes to the scene thumbnail. I try to take a snapshot and it still just captures what is showing not the actual frame it is on.

Could it be the file type I am using? Or the file size or length of the video I'm editing?
ima420r

Postby lata » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:49 am

Hi
Yes it could be the file type you are using, but you do not say what that is
If you are using 4K that requires a faster pc then there could be a delay when scrubbing the timelines.
If you told us the videos properties and maybe update your profile to include your pc specifications then maybe we could hazard a guess.
When you play the video clip on the timeline in both Clip and Project playback, does it play ok, are there pauses in playback.
If so try enabling Smart Proxy and create the proxy file for your video, that may improve things
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD