Wishlist for VS 2021

enlighten_me

Re: Wishlist for VS 2021

Post by enlighten_me »

I wish the title templates would be updated or at least have a store to buy better titles from third parties. They never seem to change and are so outdated looking. I actually edit in Corel and put titles on through Wondershare, which is isn't great for video quality, but worth it just for the titles.
lata
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

enlighten_me wrote:I wish the title templates would be updated or at least have a store to buy better titles from third parties. They never seem to change and are so outdated looking. I actually edit in Corel and put titles on through Wondershare, which is isn't great for video quality, but worth it just for the titles.
Hi
What version are you using, I ask as CVS2020 has been updated a little

The library now contains 53 standard titles where 2019 has 34
It also has 15 additional 3D title effects, they are new to CVS2020
From the Welcome screen we can download free samples, although these have always been available so not new to CVS2020
Graphics Pack - DoMore_Title_07.exe and DoMore_Title_08.exe

The program also has several Title / Text options
NewBlue Titler Pro 5
BCC Title Studio, I believe has had a makeover
Regards Trevor
enlighten_me

Post by enlighten_me »

I have 2019, but I've also upgraded 4 times. Each time, the titles are disappointing. If you install Wondershare trial, there are hundreds of organized animated title/media theme packs, and ones you can buy. For example, the Japanese theme pack is fun and shows a lot of thought and design work put into it. I've customized some of my own titles in Corel, including making some mirror some Wondershare titles, but honestly, I don't want to build titles as it's a time sink. I'm not a designer. I want to choose from a good selection of templates, and I'm Ok with buying them if Corel opens up a store. The biggest difference is Wondershare's title templates have animated graphics.

On the other hand, the core editor on Videostudio is much more precise, stable, and useable than Wondershare. Otherwise, I would have switched over a while ago.
asik1
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: GTX1050
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Post by asik1 »

enlighten_me, Corel decides to put BCC and NB titles plugins, and if you google you can find stuff for them.
indeed Filmora got many contemporary design not like VS. so get it and use it for exported titles tool to VS.
styxdog

Post by styxdog »

Luna Esterhuizen wrote:I wondered what happened to the save as function where you could save a project in a previous version. Can you bring that back please. It was so handy when the new version has problems then your could at least save your project to the previous version that worked!
Excellent suggestion! As we all know, new versions are often less stable and often bugs are there. This feature will help us keep working.
rguthrie
motherboard: Pegatron IPMTB-TK
processor: Intel Core i7 930
ram: 9GB
Video Card: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB

Post by rguthrie »

Please bring back the ability to use SmartSound tracks natively! The current "music" plugin ScoreFitter, if one could even call it that, is AWFUL and NOT even worth using! TripleScoop music is just too expensive...$20 just for one song, are you kidding me? For any new folks who have never seen SmartSound in VS checkout https://www.smartsound.com/ and compare for yourself the quality vs. ScoreFitter. Hands-down, SmartSound is the winner with high-quality tracks that are easily tweaked. So I'll ask one more time, for us who have been faithful users of VS for many, many years...please bring back the ability to use SmartSound tracks natively.
SFC (Retired) Ronald Guthrie (aka Alt0S4x)

VS4SE/6-11.5+/X2-X10 Ultimate/2018-2020 Ultimate; MotionStudio 3D; PI11/PIX3;Corel PainterEssentials 4
ParticleIllusion SE; Photoshop CS5; Audacity; SonicFire Pro 6.0
Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet
Canon Rebel T4i
gewb
motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
ram: 16GB
Video Card: AMD R9-270
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG 24MK430
Corel programs: X10.5 Ult., 2018 & 2020 Ult.

Post by gewb »

JSH wrote:What I want to be able to do is filter out those with a tick so I can see which images are not yet in the video.
Need to have the Library view to include "Sort by used/unused "
JET2020
motherboard: X470 Taichi
processor: Ryzen 7 2700x
ram: 16GB
Video Card: GTX1080Ti
sound_card: Quad Capture
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 300GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: EIZO
Corel programs: CorelDRAW,Painter、Paintshop,VideoStudio

Post by JET2020 »

Yes, it would be nice to have smart sound again.
Corel owns a "score fitter" with similar features, so to reduce costs It's also understandable that the "smart sound" won't be included in
I liked Smart Sound better, whether it was the music variations or the response to changing the length of a song while editing.

I guess it's a matter of cost reduction and licensing, but I'm also not personally convinced that you have to buy Blu-ray as an external plug-in.

The ability to not load duplicate clips into the media palette may be useful, but the filter The good thing about the media palette is that you can also maintain and manage the in- and trimming information. In the porting dialog, the question "Do you want to import a file with the same name? I think it should be enough to get a (YES/NO).

It's going to crash if you also check the file size and so on.

Improved stability is a must.

It would be useful if you can use the hand tool on the timeline to "select a clip in the selection" or move the timeline left, right or up and down.

If you want to subtly adjust a clip on the preview screen, press the arrows on the keyboard until 2019 If it's not, it moves every single pixel, but now it moves to the left and right clips. Hold down the shortcut key when appearing in the next clip, or the shortcut mode. (custom shortcut feature) or something more could have been done. It's inconvenient because you have to use (Customize Motion) every single time to make fine adjustments.

I'd like to see the filter sticking out of the screen at laptop resolutions now, not 2021, but fixed around SP4 for 2020.

You can adjust the font size and icon size of the UI in the preferences to switch the size of the font and icon size. I want. It's easier to see on a large screen, but it's too big and distracting on a laptop.

The templates created in the Split Screen Creator were not created to be shared. Even if I wanted to share it with others, it would be too complicated to error. Also, it's very hard to re-edit, so double click to re-edit. Right-click to export a folder so that it can be given to others, and then click the folder You can drag and drop the output to your palette or import it into a default folder and use I want it to be a specification that can be read by itself.

If it's a combination of line animation or graphic animation and text, you could set up a template site to provide it, but when it comes to providing video material (explosions, light, etc.), Filmora's content power is strong.

The text fill color can only be a single color. I want to embed gradient color,, images and videos.

It is possible to reproduce the text mask, but it is not desirable to distribute and sell it as a template because it requires a lot of effort after downloading.

Boris Title Pro 5 can reproduce text gradient color, but the standard timeline I want to adjust the timing and so on independently in It's a pain to adjust the timing when it's tied to the clip. I like to work with the standard VideoStudio title function if possible.
JSH
processor: 3.4
ram: 16gb
Video Card: geforce gtx 960
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: lg TV 42" plus lg m227 22"
Corel programs: VS and PSP

Post by JSH »

Better management of masks.
On the blending tab there is masses of space but the matte modes preview area is confined to a tiny space. If you have a lot of masks it is a pain to scroll up and down to find the right one. For a couple reasons. 1) the amount of space and 2) there is no way of viewing the name of the mask, nevermind ordering by name or category. More space would be an easy fix I imagine but the ability to sort and organise masks would be fantastic.
lata
Site Admin
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X 0x
processor: 4 10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: CVSX10, 18, 19, 20, PSP, PI, MS3D

Post by lata »

JSH wrote:Better management of masks.
On the blending tab there is masses of space but the matte modes preview area is confined to a tiny space. If you have a lot of masks it is a pain to scroll up and down to find the right one. For a couple reasons. 1) the amount of space and 2) there is no way of viewing the name of the mask, nevermind ordering by name or category. More space would be an easy fix I imagine but the ability to sort and organise masks would be fantastic.
Excellent idea, as you say there lots of space to increase the size of the panels and if they can do names and a sort option that would be good.
I have passed this on to Corel for VS 2021.
Regards Trevor
JSH

Post by JSH »

lata wrote:
JSH wrote:Better management of masks.
Excellent idea, as you say there lots of space to increase the size of the panels and if they can do names and a sort option that would be good.
I have passed this on to Corel for VS 2021.
Brilliant, thanks Trevor!
Julie
JSH

Post by JSH »

It would be good if VS could 'discover' new files added to a particular folder within the Media area. I have a Windows folder called Motion Backgrounds. I have created a folder with the same name in the VS Media area and imported the media files into the folder. However if I add a new background to the Windows folder I have to remember to import it into the VS media folder. It is not an issue for folders created for specific projects but for my resource folders it would be great if VS added the new files automatically. Or I could point to them as I do in PSP using the 'File locations' option in Preferences.
JSH

Post by JSH »

gewb wrote:
JSH wrote:What I want to be able to do is filter out those with a tick so I can see which images are not yet in the video.
Need to have the Library view to include "Sort by used/unused "
Hello, sorry I must be being thick as I can't see that option :-)

In 'Thumbnail' View I can see the photos that are ticked. But I have hundreds of photos in the view so I would like to be easily able to see the ones I have not yet used (unticked).

The filter only gives options to hide various types of files, it would be nice if it had the option to hide/show files that are in the timeline.

The sort gives lots of options but only things like date, name, duration and such but nothing relevant that I can see.

Am I missing something?
thanks for your help.
TonyP
motherboard: Gigabtye X570 Elite
processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12core 24threads
ram: 32GB 3200
Video Card: MSI Gaming X RX480 8GB
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 10TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG 27" IPS 4k, Acer 24" 1920x1080
Corel programs: VS2020, PSP2019, Aftershot 3

Post by TonyP »

I too would like to see Smartsound available as a paid plugin option. Not Quicktracks though... after using the Smartsound plugin in other editors, Quicktracks seems dated.
JSH

Post by JSH »

KEYFRAMES
So if you have a clip with many keyframes and later decide to change say the size, unless I am missing something you then have to edit each keyframe. It would be nice to be able to edit all key frames at the same time for that one attribute.