operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: Intel i7
ram: 24GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB

Re: Wishlist for VS 2021

Post by pvreditor »

Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve is a lot more daunting to get started with than VideoStudio, but one thing Resolve does is head and shoulders better than the competition. I call them "fade handles." When a video, audio or text clip is on the timeline, you can linger the mouse pointer over the upper corner of the clip and a little grab handle appears. At the beginning of the clip, dragging the fade handle to the right causes the clip to smoothly fade in. At the end of the clip, dragging the fade handle to the left causes the clip to fade out smoothly. And it works exactly the same for audio, video and text clips on the timeline. It makes simple fades in/out so much simpler and easier to control.
TonyP
motherboard: Gigabtye X570 Elite
processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12core 24threads
ram: 32GB 3200
Video Card: MSI Gaming X RX480 8GB
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 10TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG 27" IPS 4k, Acer 24" 1920x1080
Corel programs: VS2020, PSP2019, Aftershot 3

Post by TonyP »

Nice idea, but other software allow you to do that too. Pinnacle Studio, Vegas Pro/Movie Studio. But you are right, it is an excellent feature to have.

But for "me", a stable, functional release where I do not have to wait weeks/months for something to get fixed that has been advertised as a "new/enhanced" feature.
asik1
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: GTX1050
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Post by asik1 »

Wishlist for VS 2021? realy?
How about making it very simple. Just make VS to work . ZERO new things, ZERO new features
Take all the stuff you stuffed into VS in the last 4 years and finish them up!! So finely VS2021 will work.

** I think 90% of the forum will agree the threat can be closed.
tletter
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Post by tletter »

asik1 wrote:Just make VS to work . ZERO new things, ZERO new features
Ha ha ha! Obviously based on VS2018, VS2019 and VS2020, Corel couldn't care less about stability and reliability. New purchasers want features and that's what Corel delivers with each new release. In any event, it's apparent that Corel doesn't care about either this forum or the users' complaints/suggestions posted on it as forum members aren't its target market.

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
pepegota
motherboard: ASUS TUF Z390-Plus
processor: Intel i9 - 9900k
ram: 64 GB
Video Card: GTX 1660 6GB
sound_card: On board sound
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Ben Q, "21" LCD
Corel programs: VS 2018, VS 2019, VS 2020

Post by pepegota »

When you insert a video clip, to replace a given one, if the video is shorter than the given clip it will not be replaced. Only if it is of greater size than the given clip will it be replaced. Make it possible to insert shorter clips and close the gap moving all other clips. Presently, I shorten the clip to be replaced and then insert the desired clip which will be longer than the now shorten original clip.
stevef
motherboard: Z2MiniG4
processor: Intel Xeon E-2174G at3.8GHz
Video Card: Radeon Pro WX 4150
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Visio Television
Corel programs: Videostudio Ultimate 2019 Pro

Post by stevef »

Thank you Ken Berry for starting this thread. Sadly, I'm totally in agreement with tletter and asik1 - fix the current major issues with the software and release a stable functioning version. But based on the activity of Corel they do not care about current users and our complaints in this forum and are more interested in new bells and whistles to keep the marketing team employed. CEO, Patrick Nichols as failed his loyal user base and should be replaced.
pepegota
motherboard: ASUS TUF Z390-Plus
processor: Intel i9 - 9900k
ram: 64 GB
Video Card: GTX 1660 6GB
sound_card: On board sound
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Ben Q, "21" LCD
Corel programs: VS 2018, VS 2019, VS 2020

Post by pepegota »

I agree with the above wholeheartedly. Fix the problems and it will be the best in its class.
drkent3
Corel programs: Video Studio 2020

Post by drkent3 »

OK - somewhat of a newbie. I use Video Studio to create short game clips for my athletes, with a voice over to describe what is happening and how to improve the play. I have hundreds of game videos, where the same play might exist in many of them - but I have no easy way to 'index' this.

I'm wondering if anyone else might be able to use this feature (I don't think it exists, but not sure how I would search for it):

While reviewing a game I would like to be able to use tags to mark the existence (and time) of a play (user defined name). I would then like to be able to use this to search for/find videos with the specific content I want to include in my presentation, and where in the timeline that content exists. Sort of an indexed catalog of user defined content. For example, I might want to show how my team executed the play and then include a clip from a different game that shows the correct way to execute it. It is very tedious to have to watch, write notes, transcribe onto a spreadsheet and save on my hard drive for every game. Quicker would be to simply tag as I watch and have it indexed for me.

Not sure if that made much sense. If anyone has suggestions on how to achieve something like this, I would be forever grateful.
tletter
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10, 2018, 2019

Post by tletter »

drkent3 wrote:Sort of an indexed catalog of user defined content ... Quicker would be to simply tag as I watch and have it indexed for me.
IMHO this capability is outside the scope of a NLE and would likely cause even more VS crashes than currently occur. Suggest that you check out Play Index tools which are built to meet your requirement.

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
TonyP
motherboard: Gigabtye X570 Elite
processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12core 24threads
ram: 32GB 3200
Video Card: MSI Gaming X RX480 8GB
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 10TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG 27" IPS 4k, Acer 24" 1920x1080
Corel programs: VS2020, PSP2019, Aftershot 3

Post by TonyP »

I would guess this would be a data base that you can create yourself. Fill it out as you edit.
Luna Esterhuizen
motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX GL703VM-DB74 SCAR
processor: Intel Core i7 7700HQ CPU 2.80GHz 2.8Ghz
ram: 32GB DDR4
Video Card: GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 7TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS LED 1920x1080
Corel programs: Video Studio Ver 9 to VS 2020

Post by Luna Esterhuizen »

TonyP wrote:Nice idea, but other software allow you to do that too. Pinnacle Studio, Vegas Pro/Movie Studio. But you are right, it is an excellent feature to have.

But for "me", a stable, functional release where I do not have to wait weeks/months for something to get fixed that has been advertised as a "new/enhanced" feature.
I cannot agree more!
L E
Luna Esterhuizen
motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX GL703VM-DB74 SCAR
processor: Intel Core i7 7700HQ CPU 2.80GHz 2.8Ghz
ram: 32GB DDR4
Video Card: GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 7TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS LED 1920x1080
Corel programs: Video Studio Ver 9 to VS 2020

Post by Luna Esterhuizen »

I wondered what happened to the save as function where you could save a project in a previous version. Can you bring that back please. It was so handy when the new version has problems then your could at least save your project to the previous version that worked!
L E
JSH
processor: 3.4
ram: 16gb
Video Card: geforce gtx 960
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: lg TV 42" plus lg m227 22"
Corel programs: VS and PSP

Post by JSH »

Hello,
Would it be possible to have a filter to show/hide images that had been added to the Timeline? When I add the contents of a folder to work on, it would be handy to just see the photo's not yet added to the timeline. This would be added where the option are to hide/show images/video/audio files.

Also, something to assist with adding additional images. At present, if I add photos from a holiday and then obtain more photos from a friend (which I then put in the same Windows folder) it is not easy to add the new photos to the VideoStudio folder I created for that holiday media. Just something simple would do, such as to be able to add the whole folder again but have the option to not import duplicates. I have used watchfolders in Pinnacle Studio, which sound good but I would not want to suggest anything that could lead to a performance hit on VS.

Apologies if I have missed something that VS already does I am very new to the product.
asik1
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: GTX1050
Hard_Drive_Capacity: No hoarder
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips 19" + samsung 19"
Corel programs: VS-X9.2

Post by asik1 »

JSH wrote:Hello,
Would it be possible to have a filter to show/hide images that had been added to the Timeline? When I add the contents of a folder to work on, it would be handy to just see the photo's not yet added to the timeline. This would be added where the option are to hide/show images/video/audio files.

Also, something to assist with adding additional images. At present, if I add photos from a holiday and then obtain more photos from a friend (which I then put in the same Windows folder) it is not easy to add the new photos to the VideoStudio folder I created for that holiday media. Just something simple would do, such as to be able to add the whole folder again but have the option to not import duplicates. I have used watchfolders in Pinnacle Studio, which sound good but I would not want to suggest anything that could lead to a performance hit on VS.

Apologies if I have missed something that VS already does I am very new to the product.
Items on the timeline are ticked in the VS's libraries since 3-4 years ago
JSH
processor: 3.4
ram: 16gb
Video Card: geforce gtx 960
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: lg TV 42" plus lg m227 22"
Corel programs: VS and PSP

Post by JSH »

Yes thank you I know they are ticked - it was the same in Pinnacle Studio so I am very familiar with that. What I want to be able to do is filter out those with a tick so I can see which images are not yet in the video.