sound_card: onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Eizo S2243 W

Re: Spoilerheads Plugins (64bit inside)

Post by Trucks »

Hi,
josephlin wrote:
- Wavelet Denoise/Sharpen
Issue: The output of JPEG file result isn't same as what we adjusted. (All platforms)
seems it did not work in the Output (X64). Newest Version.

Regards

Trucks
spoilerhead
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 13.5TB

Post by spoilerhead »

Please try with an older version. of Aftershot. There was no code change on my side. Maybe Corel changed the processing pipeline without notice?
my ASP Plugins - donation button ( send beer! :) )
linux,7d, glass and a huge mug of coffee.
If you got any immediate problems with my plugins, don't by shy on contact me on GoogleTalk.
spoilerhead

Post by spoilerhead »

32bit version are working fine in 2.1.1.9.
Can't test 64 atm, RPM packets are still broken and don't allow side by side install (bug 128)
If you got any immediate problems with my plugins, don't by shy on contact me on GoogleTalk.
Trucks
motherboard: 64bit
processor: quad
ram: 3GB
Video Card: Nvidia
sound_card: onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Eizo S2243 W

Post by Trucks »

Hi,

i always make the "mistake" and use the sharpen tools in the normal view. When zooming in 100% as every Pro-user says, the picture looks one second like in normal view and then goes unsharp. So i have too readjust the sharpness. The picture looks oversharpen in normal view, but ok when send through the Output.

Would be better when there is no sharpness or the right one in the normal view.

Regards

Trucks
twan052
operating_system: Mac
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-z87x-udh3
processor: Intel Core I7
ram: 8GB
Video Card: Intel HD4600
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell-u2713h
Corel programs: Aftershot Pro

Post by twan052 »

spoilerhead wrote:32bit version are working fine in 2.1.1.9.
Can't test 64 atm, RPM packets are still broken and don't allow side by side install (bug 128)
Can confirm plugins WS and WD works on MAC Os-x 64 with AS 2.1.1.9 64b. Also the output jpg has effect.

Regards
Twan
Hobgoblin

Post by Hobgoblin »

twan052 wrote:
spoilerhead wrote:32bit version are working fine in 2.1.1.9.
Can confirm plugins WS and WD works on MAC Os-x 64 with AS 2.1.1.9 64b. Also the output jpg has effect.

Regards
Twan
WS and WD and Silicon Bonk working fine on Linux Mint 17.1 ASP 2.1.1.9 64bit.
Output to jpg and tif are fine.

R.
spoilerhead

Post by spoilerhead »

I just verified: the current WS and WD versions work the same they always did. (even back with bibble5).
Note that anything less than 100% view will look over sharpened if the "Edge" control is used.
This can be verified by using WD and enabling the "edge preview" checkbox.
I currently don't know any accurate fix to tone down the edge based filtering for lower zoomlevels. But it's no regression, but has always been this way.
josephlin
Corel
operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
System_Drive: C
motherboard: Intel 6 series_C200
processor: Inte i5-2500k
ram: 4GB
Video Card: nVidia GTX 550i
sound_card: Singmatel
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB

Post by josephlin »

Hi all, please be noted the output effect issue is really existed.

The Wavelet Denoise just occurs with "Edge Preview" is enabled. See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/546 ... enoise.PNG
The Wavelet Sharpen isn't very obvious but you still can get little different in detail. See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/546 ... harpen.png

Cheers
Joseph Lin
Product Manager, Corel PaintShop Pro / AfterShot Pro
Hobgoblin

Post by Hobgoblin »

josephlin wrote:Hi all, please be noted the output effect issue is really existed.

The Wavelet Denoise just occurs with "Edge Preview" is enabled. See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/546 ... enoise.PNG
The Wavelet Sharpen isn't very obvious but you still can get little different in detail. See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/546 ... harpen.png
But surely 'Edge Preview' is just that, a way of seeing the edges. I have would never have perceived it as an output option.
The differences with WS are possibly no more than one would expect during the conversion of RAW to JPG.

Have you spoken directly with the Plugin Authors about these anomalies? That would be much more productive!

R.
spoilerhead

Post by spoilerhead »

josephlin wrote:Hi all, please be noted the output effect issue is really existed.

Hello Joseph,

the only way to judge WS and WD is using 100% view. anything less will show an inreased effect. This can be seen as a bug, but it's been there since before ASP. I can reproduce it with every single ASP version I've got. I'll see if i can think up a solution, but it's non trivial atm.
skrimaging

Post by skrimaging »

Hi, I was wondering if Wavelet Denoise and Sharpen are planned for the updates ASP2.2.. these 2 plugins are the ones I use for every edit I do and without them, ASP 2 is just sitting in my Mac Dock bar.

thanks for these great tools and hope an update is near.
spoilerhead

Post by spoilerhead »

Updated: yes,
soon: no. (sorry)

I'm currently stuck between work and my thesis, and just have no time to spend day after day to get 6 different builds for plugins to run. (4 actually, I can't build on mac).
Also, I can't even install 2.2 side by side with 2.1 (yes, I want that, I'm processing my photos with ASP, too, same as you all) because the RPMs are so terribly broken. (Corel, take a look at how Oracle does it with virtualbox...)

I really hoped that Corel would provide us some real automated build servers (we're building QT projects after all, how hard could it have been to automate Qmake?) but all we got where some lousy VMs. :evil:

If some other developer is interested in trying to compile my plugins: they're all available on github: https://github.com/spoilerhead/asp_plugins (please mind the LICENSEs file). Others are of course welcome, too, but you need the ASP SDK to compile them. I've also extended this offer to Corel, but I haven't heard back from them.

sph
Arnfinn
operating_system: Windows 8.1
motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. SABERTOOTH X58 Rev 1.xx
processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 960 3.20GHz 3.20GHz
ram: 12 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
sound_card: High Definition Audio Device [5x]
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 12 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: BenQ G2400W 24,0" + Acer X203H 19,9"
Corel programs: ASP

Post by Arnfinn »

spoilerhead wrote:Updated: yes,

I'm currently stuck between work and my thesis, and just have no time to spend day after day to get 6 different builds for plugins to run. (4 actually, I can't build on mac).
Also, I can't even install 2.2 side by side with 2.1 (yes, I want that, I'm processing my photos with ASP, too, same as you all) because the RPMs are so terribly broken. (Corel, take a look at how Oracle does it with virtualbox...)

I really hoped that Corel would provide us some real automated build servers (we're building QT projects after all, how hard could it have been to automate Qmake?) but all we got where some lousy VMs. :evil:

If some other developer is interested in trying to compile my plugins: they're all available on github: https://github.com/spoilerhead/asp_plugins (please mind the LICENSEs file). Others are of course welcome, too, but you need the ASP SDK to compile them. I've also extended this offer to Corel, but I haven't heard back from them.

sph
I understand your frustration so well, as I know how it is when you're completely stuck short of time. For the ASP community, we should address our frustration towards Corel in this regard. Alex did promise the plugin developers the support of ASP's internal dev. team in his post of Wed Jan 14, 2015 "Announcement for Plugin Developers" http://forum.corel.com/EN/posting.php?m ... 6&p=300410
Alex Brazeau wrote:Private Forum for Plugin Devs
In response to other requests, we’ve resurrected a private developers forum where devs can get together to discuss and collaborate on plugin related issues. This is a practice some of you found to be extremely helpful back in the Bibble days. Many of you have expressed your desire to see more plugins make their way to the 64-bit version of AfterShot Pro and this revived forum will help devs to connect and work out issues with our internal development team in a timelier manner, so we can bring you the plugins you’ve been waiting for in 64-bit under the new Qt framework.
Maybe it's time to remind him of his promises. After their Qt framework upgrade and the resulting plugin Armageddon, one would think they should be pretty aware of this problem now...
Long time AfterShot Pro & Bibble user...
http://creativewithlight.com/
Hansi
motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97
processor: i4790
ram: 32GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GTX 970
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell U2410, HP 25", Samsung 28" 4K
Corel programs: Aftershot Pro 2

Post by Hansi »

spoilerhead wrote:Updated: yes,

sph
Hi Spoilerhead,

Thanks for letting me getting access to your source code.
I have just compiled and installed the denoise plugin for aftershot pro 2.2 (linux), It works perfectly.

/Hans
skrimaging

Post by skrimaging »

Does anyone know how to compile these plugin codes (Denoise and Sharpen) for Mac 64bit for ASP 2.2?.. really pissed at Corel for doing basically nothing.