Setting the White Balance from another image?

Tips, Tricks, and Results
abitw
operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 8Gb

Setting the White Balance from another image?

Post by abitw »

Hi,

I can set the white balance well by:

* clicking white in ASP.

* Taking a raw photo in the camera using a wb lens cap, and then using that photo as a reference for my 5d iii's custom wb.

Is there a way to load my raw wb photo file into ASP and then use that to set the wb of other pictures?

Thanks,
Andy
afx
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A
Video Card: FirePro 4900
Monitor/Display Make & Model: NEC PA301w, ColorMunki

Re: Setting the White Balance from another image?

Post by afx »

Copy&Paste, Selective Copy, a Preset or a Copy Set for White Balance can all be used to copy WB from one image to another.
One caveat though. When copying a WB "As Shot", the marker for "As Shot" will be copied, not the actual values. So before copying it, just switch to custom and then copy so that the actual values are used.

cheers
afx
Send bugs to the Monkey // AfterShot Kickstart Guide // sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad
Bibble since 2005 // W7 64 on quad Phenom // Ubuntu 14.4 on quad i7 and dualcore AMD // Images
G0bble
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
motherboard: 880GM gigabyte
processor: Athlon X4 3.6Ghz
ram: 12GB
Video Card: onboard
sound_card: onboard
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell U2414H
Corel programs: VSx10.5 Aftershot Pro 2/3

Post by G0bble »

afx wrote:Copy&Paste, Selective Copy, a Preset or a Copy Set for White Balance can all be used to copy WB from one image to another.
One caveat though. When copying a WB "As Shot", the marker for "As Shot" will be copied, not the actual values. So before copying it, just switch to custom and then copy so that the actual values are used.

cheers
afx
I could not select only WB to copy though - it copies all other settings too. I dont think Selective copy lets you fine grained selection.

-G0bble
afx
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A
Video Card: FirePro 4900
Monitor/Display Make & Model: NEC PA301w, ColorMunki

Post by afx »

Athen you are doing something wrong....
look at the advanced tab...

cheers

afx
Send bugs to the Monkey // AfterShot Kickstart Guide // sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad
Bibble since 2005 // W7 64 on quad Phenom // Ubuntu 14.4 on quad i7 and dualcore AMD // Images