Tips, Tricks, and Results
kye
operating_system: Windows 8 Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Lens calibration: Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8

Post by kye »

Lens calibration: Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8

Methodically created profile here, from perfectly straight long lines in ten specifically created images (using Hugins Lens Profile Creator).

begin lens
group: micro43
multiplier: 2.0
aperture: 1.8
calibrated: true
menu_lens: M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8

cal_abc: 45.0 -0.00453 0.01815 -0.01713
end

Add the above into profile_micro43.txt. In order to have the lens automatically recognized by ASP when using an Olympus body, add the following line into profile_olympuslenstable.txt:

0 10 16|M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8

It's been heavily tested and for me, it's rock solid from portraits to architecture.

BUT... no matter what I name the lens in the text files, it won't automatically get entered into the selection. you have to select it from the drop down box. Does anyone know how to get it to fill in automatically? And yes, I've tried at least a dozen combinations for the lens name, with no difference to the outcome of having to manually select it, or use a preset.

Please let me know how you go with it.
greerd
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: Z
processor: Intel i7 920
ram: 12 GiB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 260
sound_card: Onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell UltraSharp U2410

Re: Lens calibration: Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8

Post by greerd »

Thanks for this Kye,
I'll have a go at it when I get a chance and if I make any headway regarding automatic recognition I'll let you know. But it'll be with a G3, not a PEN or OMD.
greerd
System_Drive: Z
processor: Intel i7 920
ram: 12 GiB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 260
sound_card: Onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell UltraSharp U2410

Post by greerd »

kye wrote:Lens calibration: Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8

Add the above into profile_micro43.txt. In order to have the lens automatically recognized by ASP when using an Olympus body, add the following line into profile_olympuslenstable.txt:

0 10 16|M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8

It's been heavily tested and for me, it's rock solid from portraits to architecture.

BUT... no matter what I name the lens in the text files, it won't automatically get entered into the selection. you have to select it from the drop down box. Does anyone know how to get it to fill in automatically? And yes, I've tried at least a dozen combinations for the lens name, with no difference to the outcome of having to manually select it, or use a preset.

Please let me know how you go with it.
Like I stated above, I don't own an Oly, but for the Profile_Panasoniclenstable.txt file I had to change "0 10 16|M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8" to "OLYMPUS M.45mm F1.8|M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8" to to get it to automatically recognize the lens. Got the lens name from exiftools, and you will probably have to either reload EXIF or re-ingest your catalog.
Again, thanks for the profile 8)
kye

Post by kye »

Glad you had success! Unfortunately, the olympus files still can't recognise my E-PL1 with that lens attached. OLYMPUS M.45mm F1.8 is one of the lens names I originally tried as I extracted it from the exif as well. But the weird thing with the olympus lenses is that there doesn't seem to be any text entries for the 'actual' lens name at all. So I don't know how any olympus lens gets recognised by ASP... just one of lifes mysteries :)
mikmak
operating_system: Windows 10

Post by mikmak »

If you change the lines in profile_olympuslenstable.txt as follows - the lenses will be automatic recognised:

0 17 16|M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8
2 16 16|Lumix G 14mm f/2.5

It is the numbers 0 17 16 and 2 16 16 that id the lens. I found these numbers using an exifpilot pro. With these values you just press 'reload exif' for older images and the lens is automaticly recognised with new ones. Works fine here on my ASP.

Regards
Per
kye

Post by kye »

fantastic! thanks so much for that. i looked and looked and just couldn't find it. it works a treat.

cheers,
kye.
klausw
System_Drive: N/A

Post by klausw »

Thanks for posting the correction data, it works well.

FWIW, it didn't recognize the lens on my Panasonic GH2 using the numeric ID, but the following entry in profile_panasoniclenstable.txt works for me:

Code: Select all

OLYMPUS M.45mm F1.8|M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8