Weird "Generated Errors" Problem

GregGerlach

Weird "Generated Errors" Problem

Post by GregGerlach »

I am getting the "DVDWS.exe has generated errors..." message when I try to start the program. I can fix the problem by rebooting the computer. After a reboot, DVDWS starts OK. This started happening after I loaded an old DVDWS 1 project. The project loaded OK and I was able to modify it, but then I started getting the above error message. Any thoughts as to what would be causing this and how to fix it without doing a reinstall?

I checked the Application, Security and System error logs in the Event Viewer but didn't see anything. I'm using:

DVDWS version 2.231
Windows 2000 Pro (SP4)
Pentium 2.4 ghz
1 gig ram
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Have you tried deleting (or at least renaming the folder containing) the old DVDWS 1 project in caseit is still trying to load a faulty file from that project?

Another suggestion is "System Restore" and select a date prior to this error.
GregGerlach

Post by GregGerlach »

Perhaps I saved the project incorrectly. When it asked me where to save the project (I assume in DVDWS 2 format), I simply chose to overwrite the original DVDWS 1 file. If you don't do it that way, where would you save it? Create another blank project in DVDWS 2 and overwrite that file?

Also... not sure how to do system restore with Windows 2000. I can see where you do it in XP.
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

GregGerlach wrote:........

Also... not sure how to do system restore with Windows 2000. I can see where you do it in XP.
My apologies, System Restore was first introduced with Windows ME that came out at about the same time as Windows 2000.
Windows ME was for personal use
Windows 2000 was for Business use.

When XP came out it effectively merged the two different operating systems, though it did retain a Personal use Version "Windows XP Home Edition"
and a Business version "Windows XP Professional" - both of which now contain the System Restore facility.

Microsoft did not introduce System Restore into Windows 2000.
GregGerlach

Post by GregGerlach »

What about the correct way to open/save a DVDWS 1 file using DVDWS 2? Please see my previous post for what I did... there's also a question about where to save the new file.