Competition Entry 04: Stuart Florida

Post a link to your videos and photographs created with Corel (former Intervideo-Ulead) Products and get feedback from others.

Moderator: Ken Berry

sunshinegirl690

Competition Entry 04: Stuart Florida

Post by sunshinegirl690 »

Okay so here it is...I was going to do one, then I wasn't bla bla bla...well I did one. Hope you like it.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1668502AGrCFmY6

Susan
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

I am currently at my workplace so could only watch it without sound - I will watch it again at home as soon as I get the chance. Some very dazzling overlays and transitions you have there - these would make a MediaStudio user proud.

Not sure if you may have overdone the dazzle by keeping it there throughout the duration of the video and will be interested to see the reactions of our other members.

A very worthy entry and good luck in the competition.
Michiel1988

Post by Michiel1988 »

Ok this video convinced me I wanna go to florida 8) .

Really nice video, I only knew florida from the beach pictures, but I loved the smaller places. The intro was really nice. I never knew ulead could do that :oops:

p.s. is the weather always that nice there? (except the hurricanes ofcourse).
Work with Ulead Media Studio 8 pro
sunshinegirl690

Well it is hot in the summer! Coming from Massachusetts originally I do enjoy the weather here. By the end of September most of us want a cold front! We have had one for the last two days 46 -47 degrees in the am and 70's in the afternoon. It will be beautiful now for the next couple of months. We boat year round. You can go out to dinner by boat or car...we choose the boat more often :D Thanks for the comments.

Steve I hear what you are saying about the dazzle...but I really liked it. I think that when you view the video in higher quality it looks very nice. I put the video in mpeg4 format but I don't think that quality came out that great on Veoh.
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

The quality is great but as I said I was having to watch it without sound.
I am sure that when I am able to listen to it as well as see I will have a different perception of the dazzle. It looks like a great place to visit and I have yet to decide where my next holiday will be.
I have now placed Florida on my short list
:D :D
Clevo
Advisor
operating_system: Vista Home Premium
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Asus PK5
processor: Intel Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz
ram: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
sound_card: Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 850GB

Post by Clevo »

Awesome work!

I actually didn;t mind the effect at all.... wouldn;t mind coming over for a few weeks...we can do a house swap.... as long as your house comes with the boat and skipper.

:)
girly

Post by girly »

Just watched your vid. It reminds me of holidays in Florida but never been to Stuart. I liked the effects, in fact loved everything about this video. All the entries make me want to visit the places. Good luck.
Ron P.
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 10
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

Very nice production Susan, Florida is very appealing this time of year..;)
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
MrA

Post by MrA »

LOL, that is so cool I spent about 8 weeks there on business. I worked for a company that restored your beaches. Probably my favorite place in the whole USA to visit. Ok, I am biased. (actually we worked out of Stuart, but actually did the work in St. Lucie)

I have to say, that was the best time I had working for that company. In a nut shell, I wrote hrydo-graphic surveying software for that company. I.e., the software took "pictures" of the bottom of the coast line. It was very involved as it used government GPS, an echo sounder, and produced a somewhat numerical "display" of what the bottom was like.

Point is, very expensive equipment, had to be dis-assembled every day, re-assembled the next day, and re-tested for accuracy.

Welp, for re-testing, we found the nude beach outside of Stuart. So, every day, we would calibrate on that beach..

Cheers..
sunshinegirl690

Thanks everyone :D

The erosion of the beaches is an ongoing problem. I haven't been to that beach! Stuart is a quaint place to live. Up the "road" is Jensen Beach, another little town. They have a smaller "downtown" spot. The area has become popular so we have a lot of "snow birds" visiting right now...including my husbands uncle and aunt(they love it).

Catch you later!
Susan
dabear

Post by dabear »

Another really well made video! This chick should get a Wii just for being around sharks and gators to make us a video. You couldn't drag me to the beach if i was out there :oops:
Msp 8.0 baby yeaaahhhh
mariab987

Post by mariab987 »

I have just joined the forum and have been watching the entries. I live in the cold UK and your film made me wish I was with you. I liked the effects.