32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: gigabyte
processor: Intel core 2 6420 2.13GHz
ram: 4GB
Video Card: NVidia GForce 8500GT
sound_card: onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 36GB 2TB

Post by skier-hughes »

I've beena way at a Microsoft do, so am just catching up.
I wonder if it might be the canopus avi codec you are using that causes the problems.
I'll boot into my old OS later when I have 5 mins and see if I can replicate what you get with Prem 6.5. I use canopus hardware so will be able to use the same codec.

I'll just re-read your posts to try to copy your method identically.
DB83

Post by DB83 »

Didn't our friend say he had no problems with DV files created using a ADVC-300 ?

Actually, I use one too. The DV files 'captured' are reported as being SonyDV.

However, I also have a BT878 capture card and did a DV capture through that and bypassing the ADVC. That capture also reports as SonyDV.

So I can only assume it's the DV codec on the PC that determines the format and not the device.

The Canopus file was 'captured' using Ulead Video Capture V7. And I selected Type-1 DV format

The BT878 file defaulted to Type-2 - I could not see any option to change it.

And as I write this, I think I may be on to something. I read that some editors have problems with DV Type-1 files.
DiscCoasterPro

Post by DiscCoasterPro »

Hi, yeah, it may be in a sort of mishmoshed combination of codec way, since when I do go from a DVDWS capture using the Canopus directly to menu and burn, there is no problem at all. It seems to develop only once I enter this capture into the PPro timeline for editing.

I asked at the PPro forum if the PPro dv-avi codec is changeable and I was told it isn't.

Again, its interesting the encoding with Premiere Elements dv-avi results in a fine product.

Just for haha's I'm going to uninstall and reinstall DVDWS. If that doesn't work, I'll do the same with PPro.

thanks so much for everyone who offers suggestions. This should be a simple thing for me to find, I'll certainly update you if I find more.
skier-hughes
Microsoft MVP
operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: gigabyte
processor: Intel core 2 6420 2.13GHz
ram: 4GB
Video Card: NVidia GForce 8500GT
sound_card: onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 36GB 2TB

Post by skier-hughes »

DB83 wrote:Didn't our friend say he had no problems with DV files created using a ADVC-300 ?
He did :oops: I was skim reading through and saw him mention original canopus dv.avi files, but he may not actually have meant canopus dv.avi file, which is what I get with my nx card and got with my storm card/premiere combo.
DB83

Post by DB83 »

Coming back, for just one minute, to the two Adobe products which, as I said, I know absolutely nothing about. Is there a big release date difference between the two ?

What I am saying is that if Elements is a more recent version/program it could well be handling the DV files better than an older version of PPro.