ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

How to Create Model with Transparent Background

Post by Ron P. »

First I want to again point out the Forum Rules concerning sending email and PMs to Moderators and Administrators, with questions about the products.

Private Messages and Emails to Forum Staff

I received the following PM:
su1300 wrote:Sir, I want to create a model with transparent background with 3d cool pro.stu. and use it into vs11+ on overlay tracks. Though there is a option of transparent background at the time of render its not work. when I overlaying this 3d work over a movie in vs11+, the model with a square white background appears. I convert the project to swf and animated gif files. (gif only works in ms powerpoint project, not in vs11+). kindly help me.
Stu what you need to do is go to File>Export Video Overlay>AVI. This will produce a 32bit avi file. Normal avi video files are only 24bit, the extra 8 bits are for the alpha (transparency) channel.

If you desire using SWF, and I have done several, you need to choose the Use Bitmap images. Bitmap supports transparency, where JPEG does not.

With an AVI overlay file, VS11 should recognize this once it is placed in an overlay track. If you don't have any white in your 3D object, then in VS you can select the Chroma-Key option, and using the eyedropper select your white square background to be the transparent color.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator