Vertical Text in c3dps

ED ROBERTS

Vertical Text in c3dps

Post by ED ROBERTS »

Hello Everyone I just bought c3dps great program. I need help with a title I'm trying to make. Does anybody know how to get text to go vertical. I've gotten one title to work fine, but I would like to add vertical text to next title. I created text went to object menu clicked on align all options are grayed out. Am I on the right path, is this how you create vertical text. thank you Ed
Ron P.
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

The only way I can figure out how to do this is:

EXAMPLE

1. Go to Object menu, select Split Text
2. Now make sure you have the Object Manager open. Then you can select each text object, or you can multi-select (Shift-click).
3. You can activate your Grid and set it's parameters, X-Y, Y-Z, Z-X, and set custom parameters. Set your Grid up to help you align your text.
4. Manually move each letter, placing them vertically. Then multi-select all letters, using the Object Manager. Go to Object menu, Align-Left. You will probably need to go to Customize and uncheck the vertical option. All I could get this to do was jumble all the letters together.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
ED ROBERTS

Vertical text

Post by ED ROBERTS »

Hello Everyone Vidoman I would like to thank you for your help with this task. I've tried searching this forum and others on the net with not much luck. I have learned allot from uleads forums. Once again thank you for all your help hopefully one day I might be able to help you and other forum members.
ED ROBERTS

Vertical Text in c3dps

Post by ED ROBERTS »

Hello again After playing around with vidomans suggestion I have found another way to get vertical text. When you inter text hit enter after each letter. This way all your lettering will come out in a vertical line. You will also be able to use all your features in the easy palette. With Vidomans way I could only use Object Motion in Object Effects. And Text Motion in Text Effects. When you use the process I stumbled across you have access to all features in Object Effects and Text Effects. Vidoman thank you for getting me on the path to be able learn. Thank You Ed.
Ron P.
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

Glad to help..:)

Also thanks for providing that tip, I'm sure that many others will benefit from it...:)
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator