Video adapter requirments

JohnDale

Video adapter requirments

Post by JohnDale »

Hi
What are the requirements for a video card/adapter for cool 3D 3.5. I am currently using an Nvidia FX5200 when i create some titles the playback is very jerky when played back within the cool3D window before it is rendered into an avi file. The avi file playsback ok. I can send a sample file by email if required. Computer specs are INTEL 2.8GHZ with HT, 1GB of ram, Editing drive 120GB 8MB cache.

Thanks for your help
Ron P.
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

3D is very demanding on PCs, however the way Ulead deals with this is when you press the Play button, it should render your project to a temp file first, then immediately play it back. It uses HAL rendering, and I think you need to tell the program to use it. I use Cool 3D 3.0 (freebie) and Cool 3D PS. With Cool 3D 3.0 under the Image Menu you should find Use HAL Rendering.

You might also change your settings under Display to Fair, so when previewing it will not require such a high-quality.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
JohnDale

re: adapter requirments

Post by JohnDale »

I have tried your suggestions and this does improve things, not a great deal but any improvement is better. It is still probably takes the same amount of time for me to render the title and check it as an avi at least then I don't have to sit and watch it. Or is there a better video adapter I can use to improve things substantially.

Thanks for your help