Catch-22, free with GA 5!

GIF Animator, SmartSaver Pro, Plugins, Applets....
kewl2cu

Catch-22, free with GA 5!

Post by kewl2cu »

I need to contact Ulead online orders but, to do that, I need to give them my order number ¡K but the issue I want to raise with Ulead online orders is that they didn¡¦t give me an order number! :shock:

It gets even more confusing¡K

I was looking for a good gif animator and Google brought me to Ulead through several upbeat postings about the company and its software.

I went to the Mall and saw that GA5 came with two free plug-in programs: GIF-X 2.0 and Ulead F/X for GIF Animator.

So, I downloaded the offered Free Trial of GA but noted that I didn¡¦t get the other two programs. Anyway, I launched GA5 and, seeing that it was a better formatted and supported package than some others, clicked on Buy the program. The upgrade process was fine except for one concern: it didn¡¦t issue a receipt. :(

On closer inspection, I couldn¡¦t find the dissolve that I needed. So, I looked under the Filters menu and noted, in the About file, that F/X for GIF Animator was needed for a dissolve.

I decided to contact Ulead about the missing plug-in/s. That¡¦s when CATCH-22 started. On the support page it stated that, for questions about online purchases, the order number must be given. But I hadn¡¦t been given a receipt or an order number. :shock:

I wrote a couple of emails through support portals that didn¡¦t require the order number¡K no reply.

Searching through the site¡¦s support files, I found that a copy of my original order/receipt (which I was never told about) was in My Account. At last! So, I go to that page and, as requested, put in my email address and password; the same ones that I used to get into the member¡¦s section of the website. And it tells me that either my email address or password are incorrect. Huh? But I just put them in a few moments earlier to get onto the site and they were accepted! A light at the end of the tunnel! :D ¡K the page gave me the opportunity of sending an automatic email with my details to my email address. I quickly put in my (accepted) email address and it said that it didn¡¦t exist on its database! :(

Another wrong-section email¡K no reply.

Thinking laterally (or badly!), I decided to download GIF-X 2.0 as a Free Trial and see whether it would be recognised as the main program¡¦s long lost friend. But no: it was just a standalone plug-in that needed payment within 15 days. :(

Another email¡K no reply.

Desperately needing to get on with my work, I decided to download F/X for GIF Animator, pay for it (and GIF-X 2.0) and then ¡§return¡¨ the goods with an explanation that ¡V surely ¡V would be read¡K and the problem would be sorted. :D

So, I did just that. Downloaded. Clicked on the exe install file. And guess what? It stopped, saying, ¡§Sorry! We can not find the Ulead GIF Animator 2.0 or above in your system. Please install Ulead GIF Animator 2.0 or above then run the set up again.¡¨ :x

I even tried running GA5 during the install to see if that helped. Nope.

So, I¡¦ve received less than I paid for and can¡¦t complain about it; paid for more, got nothing and can¡¦t complain about it. Bottom line, I can¡¦t do my work despite all my best efforts with Ulead. Or perhaps the lights are on but no one¡¦s there? Just computers getting high on Catch-22 spaghetti logic!

----------------------

It's got worse! I decided to write to Ulead about F/X for GIF Animator not installing. Technical support. Unfortunately, Technical support will not respond to questions if the product has not been registered and - yes! - I can't register it until it's installed! :shock:
VikingAnimations
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3-7 GHz
ram: 4 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Corel programs: Ulead GIF Animator 5.05, MotionStudio 3D

Post by VikingAnimations »

Look at this thread...

http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?t=22092

Is your copy of GA 5 in a folder with "TBYB" in the name?
kewl2cu

Post by kewl2cu »

Thanks Viking but, although I took great care to follow the advice, unfortunately it didn't work for me.

Did it work for the other guy? He didn't seem to get back.
VikingAnimations
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3-7 GHz
ram: 4 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Corel programs: Ulead GIF Animator 5.05, MotionStudio 3D

Post by VikingAnimations »

What is the name of the folder the paid version of GA 5 is now installed in?

Try uninstalling and reinstall again. See the post below for details.

http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic. ... 5773#55773
kewl2cu

Post by kewl2cu »

Thanks again, Viking! :D

You were right: I did find the TBYB in the file structure.

Actually - though many thanks for posting the fix - I got Ulead to replace my programs, and installed from clean. This did the trick. Actually, I have a generic - and possibly important - observation about the various issues that faced me which I will post under another thread.