Shadow on the sphere

Eduardo_B

Shadow on the sphere

Post by Eduardo_B »

Okay, I've modified the default movie with the text rotating around the sphere (earth) and now see that it lacks the realistic final touch of a shadow on the sphere from the text. I've tried the shadow plug-in, but can't get the effect I want. Is this doable?
dnavarrojr

Re: Shadow on the sphere

Post by dnavarrojr »

Eduardo_B wrote:Okay, I've modified the default movie with the text rotating around the sphere (earth) and now see that it lacks the realistic final touch of a shadow on the sphere from the text. I've tried the shadow plug-in, but can't get the effect I want. Is this doable?
Nope. Sadly, C3D doesn't support realistic shadows, only background shadows.
Eduardo_B

Re: Shadow on the sphere

Post by Eduardo_B »

dnavarrojr wrote:
Eduardo_B wrote:Okay, I've modified the default movie with the text rotating around the sphere (earth) and now see that it lacks the realistic final touch of a shadow on the sphere from the text. I've tried the shadow plug-in, but can't get the effect I want. Is this doable?
Nope. Sadly, C3D doesn't support realistic shadows, only background shadows.
That seems so odd. In the manual it shows a shadow being projected onto the ground from text. Is the Y value how far the shadow is from the source of the shadow?
rwernyei

Post by rwernyei »

Shadows are applied globally. Which means it applies to the whole project. Other cons is that they only take the shape of the facing camera. Yes, one can move the shadow using X and Y but it cannot be distorted or slanted. (Not true object-oriented shadowing). Also, the shadows are color-oriented and do not allow for transparency.