Losing background when creating video

Si Goldring

Losing background when creating video

Post by Si Goldring »

Wonder if anyone has seen this?

I've been using CPS 1.0.1 for about 6 months with no problems. I've created a few projects and each time I've had no problems creating an avi. I was looking for an avi today that I had created previously, but must have deleted it. No problems, I keep a copy of all my project .c3d files but when I attempted to create an .avi (32 bit, no audio, uncompressed, 320x240) it shows the project fine in the little preview window but as soon as I click save and it starts to render, no background. I tried to create a .mov file, same problem. I can create a still image or animated gif and the background is there. This only happens when attempting to create a video.

Strange? I did a clean install of CPS. Problem still there. Did a reinstall of my video drivers (latest ones from NVIDIA for a 7600 GS), again problem still exists. I've done some searching on the forum, but I couldn't see anything to help.

Not sure what to look at doing next so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Si Goldring (confused!)
rwernyei

Post by rwernyei »

32 bit AVI saves file with an alpha channel, hence only the objects created in COOL3D will be viewable in final output. One of the key purposes for creating files with alpha channels is for overlays. To keep background with your COOL3D objects, save as 24 bit AVI.
Si Goldring

As usual, user error!

Post by Si Goldring »

As usual, user error!
Many thanks for the swift reply, I'm back on track.

Thanks again.
Si Goldring :oops: