Newbee to Cool3d

screwball2

Newbee to Cool3d

Post by screwball2 »

Nomatter how I try I cannot import my own jpeg images to use as backgrounds. If I use the ones supplied, although many and various, they are too small. When I enlarge them to a usable size they are very pixelated and useless. Should I perhaps convert them in PSP or Adobe first? I find the help files UN-helpful and brief.
Ron P.
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

This is how to import an image/video to use as a background in Cool3D Production Studio. It may/may not be the same for Cool3D.
  • If you have an Attribute Panel, click on the pull-down menu and select Background.
  • It should show Background Mode: and Color in the pull-down menu. Click on the pull-down menu and select Image.
  • A browse window should open, browse to the location on your system where your image is located and select it.
Now you should have your image as a background. It may warn that the image is being resized, if your image is a rather large resolution. I think the largest C3D will accept is 1024 x 1024.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
screwball2

Cheers again Vidoman

Post by screwball2 »

Thankyou for your help. Searched everywhere for the Attribute panel, nearly lost my cool. Then in VIEW I found I could turn it on! All was easy after that. Now I can add some super touches. I find it very frustrating that in here and in UVS forum, there is not the facility to see other peoples efforts and work, accompanied by a 'how I done it' section. I am complimented on my work but I am a real amateur - so what are peple like YOU creating.
Thanks again
Kevin