3D Travel From Space to Earth - How?

Microchip

3D Travel From Space to Earth - How?

Post by Microchip »

Tell me please how this is done:

The earth is seen from space spinning slowly, then a particular country comes into sight; the country gets nearer as if you are travelling to it from above; as it gets nearer you see the geographical features of it, mountains, rivers and so on; then finally it zooms down to a particular area.

I have both a video editing programme and Ulead Cool3D Production Studio. I'm not asking for step by step instructions, just a general summary of how this is achieved. Thanks.

:D
Gra

Post by Gra »

Hi

It's easier said than done. I've played around a couple of times with different ideas to achieve this but trying to do it all in C3DPS is, IMHO, impossible and you'd need some form of video editor of Flash.

The nearest I came to the effect was by having three or four images. First the world spining from C3DPS, then one of the UK from space and then the last a closer image of London. I then made some clouds using photoshop.

1. I loaded them all into MSP 8 and used the moving path feature to slowly zoom into the world as though travelling to Earth.

2. When the quality became to grainy, I put the first layer of cloud into the timeline to mask the change to the UK image.

3. I kept on zooming in as though the camera was travelling towards and through the clouds by making it transparent at first then solid then transparent again so you could then see the UK.

4. Once the zooming made the image of the UK too grainy, I repeated the cloud process through to the closer image of London.

It was a lot of work and the result was good in parts. I hope this helps give you some ideas and if you or anyone finds a more effective solution, it would be very interesting to share.

Good luck.
Thanks & regards.
Gra

MSP8 (SP1), VS8, C3DPS, MF6+, DAZ Studio, Poser 6, Nero 6, Audacity, Photoshop 7.0
You can see a couple of my movies at [url]http://www.youtube.com/glaustin[/url]
Microchip

Post by Microchip »

Thanks Gra, for your reply. Your method sounds good.
daniel
Advisor

Post by daniel »

or use a screen capture program in conjunction with the required zoom on Google Earth...
This my understanding of it.
I have been proven wrong on several occasions in my life. It's not going to improve.
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Microchip

Post by Microchip »

Okay, thanks Daniel and SJJ.
Microchip

Post by Microchip »

Daniel, when you say use a screen capture program, do you mean take a screen shot (print screen) of the image that's on the screen, or is it that you can capture zooming into the planet as if by video? If so, what programs can capture a zoom? (This sounds good.) :)
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

You can try programs like camtasia studio.
Search for it on Google.
Microchip

Post by Microchip »

Thanks!