Inspiration from tutorials.

m rixon

Inspiration from tutorials.

Post by m rixon »

I have 3 Ulead products (Cool 3d studio,Mediastudio pro8 andPhotoimpact)
I am pleased with all three and believe each to be good programmes with excellent features. (Thats the good bit ).What I am not pleased with is the lack of inspirational tutorials to encourage full use of each product.There are a few sites that support Photoimpact with good tutorials and suggestions on how to use the programme, This encourages the user to learn how to get the best out of this particular programme.Cool 3d seems to have very little support in comparison.Without the likes of Vidoman. wolfy215,Viking animations and a few others even this forum would fall apart.(I apologise to anyone I have omitted )Why doesn't Ulead recognise the need to give more guidance on their products which would surely lead to wider usage and therfore more sales.Sorry if I sound a bit negative but I am one of those persons with very little artistic imagination that benefit from tutorial and constructive suggestions.Some really good ideas from the Ulead team please.
BuZZarD

Post by BuZZarD »

I might be inclined to agree there.

If you have a problem or a specific idea of what you want, you can usually get help from the forums as people are great here and will help if they can.

However, there are so many features that could be utilised if some of us knew about them or how they can be used.
Recently, for example, I made a post on here about rotation and the object center which two people gave me the answerto and now I have begun experimenting with those techniques on projects I never intended to begin.

What we need is a 'Tip of the day' post where everyone can supply a daily 'trinket' that can jazz up our mundane work.

All knowledge is good knowledge and the more we know, the more we need!
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Please view the site hosted by our resident Cool3D expert Ken Lowther
klowther
VideoGraphics.info

For other inspiration check out our Tutorials
The General Information Section also includes links to other sites with a tutorial nature.
htchien
Advisor
operating_system: Mac
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Post by htchien »

There was a tutorial site for COOL 3D in Israel before, however it's been taken down by the site owner.

Maybe you can check the tutorial for COOL 3D Production Studio written by Jerry Jones for help.

http://www.jonesgroup.net/media/c3done.htm

For other C3D tutorials on the net, check:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ulead ... 2BTutorial

Hope this helps.

H.T.
Ted (H.T.)

[color=red]The message is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights. For official tech support please contact Corel Tech Support.[/color]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/htchien]My YouTube channel[/url]
m rixon

Post by m rixon »

I think BuZZardD has got the drift of my posting.I agree that a "Tip of the day" or something similar is a great idea.We are not all gifted artist with the neccessary ideas to create masterpieces but we want to be guided towards this end.I have visited the sites suggested and have found their advice very useful, but I am hungry for more.Surely it is in Uleads interest to keep its customers hooked on their products.So come on Ulead pay someone a few Bucks to inspire us.
VikingAnimations
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
processor: AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3-7 GHz
ram: 4 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Corel programs: Ulead GIF Animator 5.05, MotionStudio 3D

Post by VikingAnimations »

There are not a lot of tutorials that I've been able to find, I agree...

I will admit I'm not an expert on C3D by any stretch. I just poke around and get lucky most of the time! :lol: A few threads here I've posted solutions to I didn't know the answer myself until I tried to tackle it...

There is a course at the Visual Arts Academy for C3D Production Studio. I've not yet taken it, but it may be worth looking into.
http://visual-arts-academy.com/
Gra

Post by Gra »

I agree, it is a shame ULead doesn't supply too much by way of tutorials for any of their products. It is especially important if you are a complete newbie to any of the software. I remember when I first got interested in video editing. I had VS version 5 first of all as it was bundled with my firewire card. All I did was follow the tabs. However, shortly after I bought VS 8, it came with a handy video tutorial and documentation covering the basics and I was in a different world. It even had a booklet on producing videos!

However, on the other hand, ULead products are built in such a way that there are many solutions to the same question and I suppose Viking's comment about poking about and getting lucky is also pertinent. I have to say I probably have a broader grasp of my products' capabilities by having to play around and see what can work (and by following the advice and guidance from a great bunch on these webboards) than if I'd have just sat down and followed one set of instructions.
Thanks & regards.
Gra

MSP8 (SP1), VS8, C3DPS, MF6+, DAZ Studio, Poser 6, Nero 6, Audacity, Photoshop 7.0
You can see a couple of my movies at [url]http://www.youtube.com/glaustin[/url]
m rixon

Post by m rixon »

"Poking around", as stated by Viking, leaves me wondering what I might achieve if I knew where I was going.ie. how much time do I have to waste before I give up on something that may have been achievable with a little more tuition from Ulead.I would surely be more inclined to reccomend Cool3d if I knew what it was capable of doing.
BuZZarD

Post by BuZZarD »

How about......
If we all post a C3DPS project we have done and allow others to download it and deconstruct it?

I will post mine up when I'm happy with it, I'm doing the final draft now with full curve, 800x600 and optimal quality.
It took 30 hours on my last rig to render with less effects, so I'm interested to see what my E6600 will do with 4mb cache.

Out of interest, is there a way to make C3D use both cores at the same time as opposed to 1, then the other, or just a single core at full load?
Using both cores at full load would be pretty fast compared, although the heat it generates could warm a small village.
Ron P.
Advisor
operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

That sounds like a good idea. We have had various examples of images, GIFs, and video shared in the General Discussion Forums.

As far as being able to use more then 1 core, no it will not. C3DPS is an old enough program, that I don't think multi-core processors were even developed when C3dPS was released. It would be nice if Corel would push to have this application brought into line with current technology.

I also noticed that there is no means to set a working folder for C3DPS. That would help rendering speeds, maybe just a little, but every little bit helps. A 3D application certainly would benefit by using a separate HDD for this.
Last edited by Ron P. on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
sjj1805

Post by sjj1805 »

BuZZarD wrote:How about......
If we all post a C3DPS project we have done and allow others to download it and deconstruct it?......
See my signature below this post!!
2007 - The Year of Sharing - Click here for details

:) :) :)
Wolfy215

Post by Wolfy215 »

that's partly wear i get my insperation, looking at other animations, if posibole de-constructing them to figure out how they did that. i try to help others, i try to post my stupid projects so othder people might get ideas. i post to http://www.videographics.info
one more idea, a lot of users have found .3ds models with textures that are free. i suggest open a new project, open the model, animate it..... spin it, have it come on from off screen, somthing so it's different not just the model. post it for other users to enjoy the model
m rixon

Post by m rixon »

I have just completed the project by Ken Lowther http://www.videographics.info/joomla/in ... &Itemid=30
Bloody brilliant.Well written ,very precise and laid out and explained in a very professional manner.I have learnt so much in this one tutorial that I am now desperate for more.Please can Ulead create a page especially for tutorials (or links) of this standard so that they do not get lost or scattered throughout the forum ?
m rixon

Post by m rixon »

As this post is moving further down the list I guess Ulead are not going to respond to the suggestions and requests noted above.Very disapointing and some might say typical if other posts that I have read are to be believed.
sjj1805

Post by sjj1805 »

m rixon wrote:I have just completed the project by Ken Lowther http://www.videographics.info/joomla/in ... &Itemid=30
Bloody brilliant.Well written ,very precise and laid out and explained in a very professional manner.I have learnt so much in this one tutorial that I am now desperate for more.Please can Ulead create a page especially for tutorials (or links) of this standard so that they do not get lost or scattered throughout the forum ?
Ulead website = Learning Centre

Forum Tutorials = Tutorials

Regards - Steve Jones - Tutorials Moderator.

:D :D :D