DVD Workshop 2.0 hangs with an error when I input video file

paparazzo79

DVD Workshop 2.0 hangs with an error when I input video file

Post by paparazzo79 »

When I add any video file,or captured file with DVD Workshop, in Ulead DVD Workshop 2.0 I get a following error:
Ulead DVD workshop has encountered a problem and......
For more information abot this error click here.And when I click on it I get a window with:
AppName:dvdws.exe AppVer:2.0.0.0 Modname:udvdplayback.dll ModVer:2.0.0.0 Offset:00009be3
I'm using the full version,I've input my serial code but haven't registered over internet( I don't need extra features,updates etc).I'm on athlon 2000+ XP with 768MB DDR and Windows XP Pro with SP1.I'm using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.0 too and it works fine with no errors.What's the problem??
GeorgeW

Post by GeorgeW »

So you are getting an error, but you feel positive that you do not need any extra features and/or updates :?:
paparazzo79

yes but...

Post by paparazzo79 »

Well It worked fine before when I used it 3-4 months ago.Then I erased it and installed it again.But even if I need to update it,I suppose it would take hours on my dial-up connection.Tell me why do I receive this error??I bought this version and I want it to work fine without any updates!!!
Devil

Post by Devil »

It possibly does not recognise your burner????? You may need to update but, before you do so, I suggest you uninstall, including the files at the end of your C:\docs and settings chain (delete all folders named Ulead DVD Workshop). You may have some residue from an old installation. If you feel brave, back up your registry and delete all references you can find there, as well. Then reinstall, test and report back here, please.
[b][i][color=red]Devil[/color][/i][/b]

[size=84]P4 Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz/Elite NVidia NF650iSLIT-A/2 Gb dual channel FSB 1333 MHz/Gainward NVidia 7300/2 x 80 Gb, 1 x 300 Gb, 1 x 200 Gb/DVCAM DRV-1000P drive/ Pan NV-DX1&-DX100/MSP8/WS2/PI11/C3D etc.[/size]
paparazzo79

How big is the update in MB?

Post by paparazzo79 »

If I need to updae it tell me how big is the update in MB?If it's smaller then 10MB I can do so.Thx!!
paparazzo79

I've tried this

Post by paparazzo79 »

Nah,I've deleted program and all registry keys with it, using special program's.I've also deleted creted folders.I've decided to try Trial version and when I installed it it displayed:the trial version has expired.Possibly I had trial version before(ot worked fine), which I haven't remove completly and now I'm having problem with full version.I've also tried the full version on my friends computer and guess what happened:We didn't even managed to execute program,Windows displayed an error in some *.ini file and closed the program.I've bought the full version and see what happpens,Am I ripped off???
Devil

Post by Devil »

The trial version date is encrypted and the only way you can beat it is to start afresh with Windows.

No, you are not ripped off; there are many thousands of persons using WS2 very successfully. The fact that you are not able to must be some conflict within your computer or incompatible files.

Let's try and eliminate the latter. Please tell us the exact format and details of the files that cause it to fall down. How are you introducing them? Does it do the same when you try to introduce the sample videos that come with WS2?

Another question: How are your hard drives set up? Do you have a separate drive for video work? Do you have enough space on your C: drive for the temp files (I recommend a minimum of 10 Gb)?

[size=84]P4 Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz/Elite NVidia NF650iSLIT-A/2 Gb dual channel FSB 1333 MHz/Gainward NVidia 7300/2 x 80 Gb, 1 x 300 Gb, 1 x 200 Gb/DVCAM DRV-1000P drive/ Pan NV-DX1&-DX100/MSP8/WS2/PI11/C3D etc.[/size]
paparazzo79

my reply

Post by paparazzo79 »

I've installed program onto my separate D: drive which has 30GB of free space.I've also cretaed and changed my capture and working folder into D:. As I told u before I didn't had these problems before.I've also tried to install the pegram on my buddy's pc and it didn0t worked either.He didn't even managed to input file coz the program crashed before it.
The error is when I input any file I got:
For more information abot this error click here.And when I click on it I get a window with:
AppName:dvdws.exe AppVer:2.0.0.0 Modname:udvdplayback.dll ModVer:2.0.0.0 Offset:00009be3
Don't tell me to foramt my drive coz of this.I hope there is better solution.
Devil

Post by Devil »

You still haven't told us what kind of file you are inputting; this is an important piece of info if you want us to help you! And I don't mean just the extension, but all the details how you captured it. We also need to know the project settings of WS2. My guess is that the file is incompatible or corrupt.

For interest, did you download the software or is it a boxed version? If downloaded, when? And I feel it is important that you update to the latest version.

paparazzo79

file information

Post by paparazzo79 »

I captured my VHS casete.The file is captured with Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.0 on Long Play Mode (3h per DVD) with 352x576 resolution,bitrate:2400,quality factor:0.49b/px.The type of file is MPEG-2.Audio: sample rate:48000kHz,bitrate:128kbps.
I hope this helped you much,or???What I noticed is I dn't have problems with VOB files.I've changed project folder to my E: drive.
Nop I didn't download software I bought a CD from local store.I told ypu evertything worked fine before but not now...
Devil

Post by Devil »

Sometimes trying to help people is painful. You tell us you captured in MPEG-2 with your setting, but you haven't told us HOW you captured the analogue VHS into your computer and with what codec. It is probable your mpg file is corrupt: this happens quite often, especially with some makes of capture card.

sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

You also appear to be having problems deciding where to save your program files and video files to.
Please view:
http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic. ... ght=#57194
Fear the Turtle

Same Error

Post by Fear the Turtle »

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I am getting the same error.

Everything was working fine for years, then all the sudden this error. I can't even load old projects, so it's not the encoding method. Something must have gotten corrupted. I even uninstalled the whole thing, reinstalled it and applied all the patches. Same error.

Normally I trim .mpg's in VirtualDubMod and save as avi's. Never had any problems with this method before.

Anyone else seen this error? I have a screen cap of the error, but basically it says:

AppName: dvdws.exe
AppVer: 2.0.0.2
Modname: udvdplayback.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 0000af53

Thanks in advance for any help
Fear the Turtle

Post by Fear the Turtle »

Looks like I solved this.

Media Player told me I was missing xvidcore.dll and VirtualDubMod said it couldn't decode an Xvid codec. I downloaded xvidcore.dll and reinstalled Xvid ( Xvid alone probably would have fixed the problem) and everything is back to normal now.

So - if anyone else has problems - try this.
vuunderboy

Same Error using DVDWS2 (udvdplayback.dll error)

Post by vuunderboy »

Fresh install, trying to rip file from NON-COPY PROTECTED DVD (which plays fine in both computer as well as stand alone DVD player).

DVDWS Allows me to see the file being imported, and then immediately displays the dreaded udvdplayback.dll error.

I have downloaded the Xvid codec as well as tried this on a freshly formatted drive / clean install, and same thing happens. Has anyone had any luck with this?

~Scott~