We want WS3! We want WS3!

Devil

Post by Devil »

DiscCoasterPro wrote: PS. Could we please have that update done by Xmas. Thanks. :)[/b]
With all the best will in the world, you are asking an impossibility. Even if the software authors were to have it ready for beta testing today, I could not foresee a release before about March and that assumes the beta testers find little in the way of bugs.
[b][i][color=red]Devil[/color][/i][/b]

[size=84]P4 Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz/Elite NVidia NF650iSLIT-A/2 Gb dual channel FSB 1333 MHz/Gainward NVidia 7300/2 x 80 Gb, 1 x 300 Gb, 1 x 200 Gb/DVCAM DRV-1000P drive/ Pan NV-DX1&-DX100/MSP8/WS2/PI11/C3D etc.[/size]
rasta

Post by rasta »

Even if the software authors were to have it ready for beta testing today
aha! so they don¡¬t even have it in beta testing. How come there beta testers among us?

gotcha!

thanks
skier-hughes
Microsoft MVP
operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: gigabyte
processor: Intel core 2 6420 2.13GHz
ram: 4GB
Video Card: NVidia GForce 8500GT
sound_card: onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 36GB 2TB

Post by skier-hughes »

Beta testers have been used since the first version released, these beta testers will have been used for all the new versions and any updates.

These same beta testers are the ones who are prepared to spend hours every day trying to solve other peoples problems for free... I don't see why you are surprised that beta testers are here..

Got nobody I'm afraid.
Devil

Post by Devil »

rasta wrote:How come there beta testers among us?
Because the beta testers are a team. The team may lose a member or two or gain a member or two between versions, but the core remains reasonably constant. I've been a beta tester for MSP and WS for a number of years. If WS3 were to be beta tested, I would expect that I would remain on the team.

[size=84]P4 Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz/Elite NVidia NF650iSLIT-A/2 Gb dual channel FSB 1333 MHz/Gainward NVidia 7300/2 x 80 Gb, 1 x 300 Gb, 1 x 200 Gb/DVCAM DRV-1000P drive/ Pan NV-DX1&-DX100/MSP8/WS2/PI11/C3D etc.[/size]
saroga

Post by saroga »

Please when?????

DVDWS is the best but, need an upgrade, I hope also that the new release is Windows Vista ready, Because, in windows Vista U can't hear sound and the capture do'nt work.

We want DVDWS3 to be ready for the future :D
Jerry Jones

Post by Jerry Jones »

I thought this news story -- fairly recent -- was interesting:

http://tinyurl.com/y49s3r
InterVideo Ulead Presents Next-generation HD DVD Authoring Suite at HD DVD Professionals Workshop for Microsoft Windows Media

Professional and Consumer Post-production Application Evaluation for Hollywood Community

FREMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--InterVideo®, Inc (NASDAQ:IVII) and its partner Ulead® Systems, Inc. (TSE:2487), industry leaders in video, image and DVD software, announced today a presentation of next-generation HD DVD Authoring Suite at the HD DVD Professionals Workshop held in the THX Best Practices Laboratory by Microsoft.

Microsoft held the HD DVD Professionals Workshop to introduce its latest tools including VC-1 and HDi™. At the session, InterVideo Ulead presented its total HD DVD solution -- HD DVD Authoring Suite. The Suite includes InterVideo WinDVD® for HD DVD-quality playback, Ulead DVD MovieFactory® Studio Pro Edition for authoring and a professional Muxer for creating HD DVD compatible titles. The tools were presented to the Hollywood community for post-production application evaluation.

DVD MovieFactory Studio Pro Edition, which is expected to be the first HD DVD-R product on the market,,supports input from VC1 Streams, Dolby® Digital and Dolby Digital+ audio as well as customized HDi objects. DVD MovieFactory Studio Pro Edition supports output to HD DVD-R, HD DVD folders, DVD-R/RW, ISO Image and CMF/AACS formats.

The HD DVD Authoring Suite Muxer offers versatile, professional authoring capabilities. Adopted by the DVD Forum to develop verification discs, the Muxer supports all functions in the HD DVD spec. 1.0 and supplements including HD-DVD Type I & Type II, sub-video and sub-audio. InterVideo® WinDVD is the world¡¦s first-on-market HD DVD software player and has been bundled with Toshiba¡¦s Qosmio G30 notebook.
Gateway 7426gx
http://tinyurl.com/hagye
Jerry Jones

Post by Jerry Jones »

By the way, the story probably should have written "HDi" as "iHD."

iHD:

http://tinyurl.com/cuabq

And there's been an interesting sideline battle between "iHD" and "BD-J":
iHD is an XML-based interactivity specification currently used by HD DVD. It is not "Microsoft's iHD," but rather a specification developed jointly by Microsoft, Disney, and the DVD Forum. For the moment, Blu-ray uses an alternative specification, the Java-based BD-J. The exact issues of debate between the camps supporting each specification isn't entirely clear. For instance, iHD supporters argue that iHD integration into Windows means that iHD will be cheaper to license than BD-J, and will afford for greater integration with the dominant home operating system (i.e., Windows). BD-J members believe that the licensing will soon be a moot issue once players are sold en masse, and while iHD is a specification that can be supported on any platform, they feel as though a Java-based solution is more universal and cross-platform friendly.
Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net
Gateway 7426gx
rasta

Post by rasta »

So chances are DVDws is dead and it will be replaced by DVDMF Pro. :roll:
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Not necessarily. A recent email conversation between myself and one of the Ulead Software Developers suggests the change of management to Corel appears more promising (to him) than the previous change to Intervideo.
DiscCoasterPro

Post by DiscCoasterPro »

In reading the new issue of Videomaker mag. I see lists of DVD authoring softwares. In the list under Ulead is DVD Workshop 3.

Misprint or slip of the lip? :)
Jerry Jones

Post by Jerry Jones »

rasta wrote:So chances are DVDws is dead and it will be replaced by DVDMF Pro. :roll:
The suggestion given by members of the Ulead staff in other forums is that development of the DVD Workshop product is "on hold."

When you couple that information with the news that Ulead is about to offer a Studio Pro Edition of DVD MovieFactory, you do get the feeling that the focus is now on DVD MovieFactory.

According to this article on the EmediaLive.Com Web site, the Studio Pro Edition of Ulead DVD MovieFactory was -- in October -- expected to be released this quarter.
InterVideo Ulead will be releasing the DVD MovieFactory Studio Pro Edition in the fourth quarter of 2006.
http://tinyurl.com/y5hg6b

I haven't been a Ulead consultant since 2004 so I don't know anything for certain anymore and I've had absolutely no communication with Ulead staffers in recent weeks.

The lack of a new product to date, however, suggests maybe a 2007 release instead.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net
Gateway 7426gx
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

In a recent communication between myself and a Ulead Employee
I am not allowed to say much but I can say that I am more optimistic this time than the first merger.
Devil

Post by Devil »

Certainly a typo!

I'm very cautiously optimistic but not for the near future.

DiscCoasterPro

Post by DiscCoasterPro »

Sony now is packaging their DVD Architect Studio program as a stand alone application. Movie Factory Pro is gonna have to go some to get around that one!
tunjin

Post by tunjin »

when arrive dvd workshop 3?!!! there is version beta?