Back to Menu option for Chapters ???

Moderator: Ken Berry

LaSeR

Back to Menu option for Chapters ???

Post by LaSeR »

Hello to all.
As I am new to this forums (I recently download VS10+ Trial B4 Buy), I would like to apologise if my problem is already answeared.

I have a clip about an hout lenght.
I want to have a menu for playing center parts of the clip.
If I choose to make chapters I cannot go back to menu after playing one chapter selected in menu.
If I choose to split the clip into smaller parts from main menu creation I can play that certain part of the clip and choose to go back to menu.
Second choise is ok, but it comes with another problem.
Between 2 parts of the original clip there is a part which I want to be played when play entired project is selected from menu.
If I also include that parts on main menu clips, I haven't got the option to hide them from appearing to main menu.

--------------------------Original Cip----------------------------------------
|Menu1||fullplay1||Menu2||fullplay2||Menu3||fullplay3|....................

Is there a solution to this problem?
Black Lab
operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Post by Black Lab »

I don't think VS can do want you want. You need a more sophisticated DVD authoring program, such as Ulead's DVD Workshop.
LaSeR

Can I HIDE a Chapter in VS10 ???

Post by LaSeR »

I cannot find the way of hiding a chapter from displaying at menus.
That option was in VS9.
Anybody knows something about it?
Ron P.
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

On the screen where you select your DVD menus, there is a second tab called Edit. Click on it, then above the Menu in / Menu out there is an Advanced Settings icon. Click on it and de-select the Create Chapter Menu.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
LaSeR

Thanks For Reply.....But that isn't the problem

Post by LaSeR »

Hi Vidoman,

Thanks for replying, but maye I wasn't clearly understood.
Suppose we have a project with 3 clips for main menu.
The 2nd clip has 8 chapters via the add/edit chapters menu.
I want to Hide chapters 3,5,7 from displying in chapter menu of clip2.
In VS9 when you add chapters from add/edit chapters, we had the option to HIDE chapters.
I cannot find that option in VS10+.
Can We????
Ron P.
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

You are correct. I had to go back to VS9 and look at the Add Chapters. There is a Hide button, that allows you to hide specifically selected chapters. This is not found in VS10+. The closest that I was able to find is, after adding the chapters, and going to the Menu Edit, you can right-click on the thumbnails and choosing Hide Object. This does about the same thing.

Now for the kicker, I hid 3 chapters then rearranged the remaining ones. This caused a couple of chapter thumbnails to be stacked. VS warned about this, and asked if I wanted to continue. I choose yes, and proceeded. The hidden chapters are still accessible by clicking a number button for the hidden ones. Then the remaining chapters can be accessed by pressing the thumbnail or by pressing the corresponding number button. This is different then in VS9, but I think for the most part does the same thing. You have to be careful when "stacking" that they are stacked exactly on top of each other, you may be able to select the hidden chapter while trying to select the one shown. I think that this is a flaw with VS10+...
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Please view:
Authoring a DVD
GeorgeW

Post by GeorgeW »

vidoman wrote:You are correct. I had to go back to VS9 and look at the Add Chapters. There is a Hide button, that allows you to hide specifically selected chapters. This is not found in VS10+. The closest that I was able to find is, after adding the chapters, and going to the Menu Edit, you can right-click on the thumbnails and choosing Hide Object. This does about the same thing.
Actually, the HIDE CHAPTER and HIDE OBJECT are two different things. The HIDE CHAPTER of VS9 will "remove" that chapter during normal playback of the video. The HIDE OBJECT is a menu-specific thing, and if you are hiding a chapter object (like a thumbnail), I believe that chapter will still play during playback.

@Steve,
Can the Tutorial Link you provided be updated to include the distinction between HIDE CHAPTER and HIDE OBJECT? Also, the 1/1 in your example of Hiding an object is in the Lower Right.

Regards,
George

Noted I will update the tutorial when I get the chance. - Steve J
LaSeR

Hide Clip in Main Menu ???

Post by LaSeR »

Vidoman....
I cannot find what you have described....
In Main Menu only options available are (Change Thumbnail,Rest Thumbnail and Media Clip Properties) and all that applies to Clip Not Chapters...

sjj1805....
I read it before...I read it again....
There isn't anything regarding this problem.

GeorgeW...
HIDE CHAPTER of VS9 will still play that chapter althought it doesn't appers in Clip's Chapter menu
And again Where is that "HIDE OBJECT" you are describing...
Is there in VS9 & VS10+ or you are using another product????
GeorgeW

Re: Hide Clip in Main Menu ???

Post by GeorgeW »

LaSeR wrote: GeorgeW...
HIDE CHAPTER of VS9 will still play that chapter althought it doesn't appers in Clip's Chapter menu
And again Where is that "HIDE OBJECT" you are describing...
Is there in VS9 & VS10+ or you are using another product????
During normal playback, without hitting the NEXT button on your remote control, are you saying the chapter still plays for you :?: It should be skipped during normal playback (when playing back the Title without hitting the NEXT button).

The HIDE OBJECT is on the MENU (after you add your chapters for the clip). Rt-Click on a menu object (lile a thumbnail) to see the HIDE OBJECT option (in VS10+).

Regards,
George