Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: Kathy_9

CatherineKeene
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: D
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Fit to Image and Cascade

Post by CatherineKeene »

I have recently had to reinstall PSP 2022 on my computer, when my C drive crashed. Before the reinstall, I had, either by default or by preference, my editing windows permanently set to Cascade and Fit to Image. When I plopped an image into my workspace, it opened to a nice tight window and I could see and move around the multiple images on my workspace. When I zoomed in or out, the window continued to fit to the image. As of the reinstall, all the images I open are tabbed and filling my workspace, so I can only see one image at a time. When I click "Fit to Image" the window frame pops down to the image, but when I zoom in or out the window remains the same size, and I have to mess around with the window *again*.

What do I need to do to have my Windows set to Fit to Image at all times?

Thanks,
CK
Forriner
System_Drive: C
motherboard: ASUS Z170M-PLUS
processor: Intel Core i5-6400
ram: 16 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1250 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Philips Brilliance 272b 2560 × 1440

Re: Fit to Image and Cascade

Post by Forriner »

Try menu Window/Tabbed documents. By default PSP has that checked. Click to uncheck and all images should open in one workspace.
CatherineKeene
System_Drive: D

Post by CatherineKeene »

I had to ask to find part of the solution. TBH I checked Preferences for it several times, but didn't see it.
File-->Preferences-->View Check Zooming and After Changing Size options.

Didn't fix the default Window-->Tabbed that is still the default. I'd rather have Cascade be the default, but can't find that setting. Interestingly, when I do click Cascade any images that are open organize themselves in a nice Cascade, but their windows are no long sizing around the horizontal size of the image, only the vertical. So, more clicking.

This seems kinda whacky. I've only been using the program since JASC times, IDK why this is happening.
Kathy_9
Site Admin
System_Drive: C
processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8700 3 20 GHz
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 [6 GB GDDR6 dedicated]
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP EliteDisplay E243m 23.8-inch
Corel programs: PSPX2 ~2022; Painter 2018~22

Post by Kathy_9 »

CatherineKeene wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:34 pm
Didn't fix the default Window-->Tabbed that is still the default. I'd rather have Cascade be the default, but can't find that setting. Interestingly, when I do click Cascade any images that are open organize themselves in a nice Cascade, but their windows are no long sizing around the horizontal size of the image, only the vertical. So, more clicking.
I normally work in Tabbed Documents but I went to the Window Menu, unchecked Tabbed and checked Cascade. All my open images were cascaded. I'm not sure what you mean by "their windows are no long sizing around the horizontal size of the image, only the vertical" so I can't help with that.

Next I closed PSP, re-opened it and opened several images and they automatically were displayed in Cascade mode; not Tabbed. So PSP did remember my preference.

If this isn't working for you maybe try a reset to default. Instructions here if you need them. https://forum.corel.com/viewtopic.php?t=67616

Let me know if I misunderstood what you are trying to do.
PSPX9 | PSP2019 | PSP2020 | PSP2021| PSP2022 | PSP2023 & PhotoMirage installed; PSPX | PSPX2 thru PSP2018 owned but not installed
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37153430@N03/