operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 32gigs
Video Card: GTX1080ti
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 72 TB

Some Transitions are White and Usable But Not showing in Video layer

Post by fltsimguy »

I have installed VS2022. I have a weird thing happening with both my VS2021 and the upgrade to 2022.

My favorites transitions are all white until I hover a mouse over them. Then the transition show the image. The name is underneath, but there are no images of these transitions. The original folder where the image is stored is also white. It's only the favorites transitions. I don't know how this happened.

Any ideas on what happened? And how to fix. See images attached.

Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken Berry
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 11
motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC
processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
ram: 32 GB DDR4
Video Card: AMD RX 6600 XT
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB SSD + 2 TB HDD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2021; PSP 2022; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW2021

Re: Some Transitions are White and Usable But Not showing in Video layer

Post by Ken Berry »

Have you actually added the white ones manually to the My Favorites folder? I notice, for instance, that you have amongst them the Barn Door twice. Barn Door normally is in the 3D folder. Is it still there when you look at the 3D folder -- it should be.

I would suggest you right click the white ones and choose Delete. That should leave the full transitions, with their picture, in 3D. You could then, if you want, right click it in 3D and add it again to My Favorites. Hopefully it will be correctly added this time and show with its picture, and not white.

I have to add that my own My Favorites folder has always been totally empty since I first started using Video Studio about 20 years ago. That's because I mainly use the Crossfade transition 99.9% of the time and have it in my Preferences > Edit as the transition automatically added. So I don't even bother adding it to My Favorites. And when I use another transition, it is both rare and easy enough to find manually in its original folder.

One other thing you might want to consider is to in effect reset VS. To do this, go to C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro (x64) and rename the 25.0 folder (which is VS 2022) to 25.0_OLD. Then restart VS 2022. You need to be patient here as the restart will rebuild various folders. At the end of it when it is fully open once again, hopefully the white ones might now have changed into proper transitions. And do the same with the 24.0 folder as that is VS 2021.
Ken Berry
Choi seong chul
operating_system: Windows 11
motherboard: Asus Z390
processor: InteCore i9 9900KF
ram: 64GB DDR4
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
sound_card: MAYA U5 External Sound Card
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LED Raantec 24"
Corel programs: CVS X4,- X10,2018,2019,2020,2021,2022

Post by Choi seong chul »

I didn't have that many, but there were white Xs in 4 of them.
One day I reset the library and everything was back to normal.
fltsimguy

Post by fltsimguy »

Ken Berry wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:31 am Have you actually added the white ones manually to the My Favorites folder? I notice, for instance, that you have amongst them the Barn Door twice. Barn Door normally is in the 3D folder. Is it still there when you look at the 3D folder -- it should be.

I would suggest you right click the white ones and choose Delete. That should leave the full transitions, with their picture, in 3D. You could then, if you want, right click it in 3D and add it again to My Favorites. Hopefully it will be correctly added this time and show with its picture, and not white.

I have to add that my own My Favorites folder has always been totally empty since I first started using Video Studio about 20 years ago. That's because I mainly use the Crossfade transition 99.9% of the time and have it in my Preferences > Edit as the transition automatically added. So I don't even bother adding it to My Favorites. And when I use another transition, it is both rare and easy enough to find manually in its original folder.

One other thing you might want to consider is to in effect reset VS. To do this, go to C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro (x64) and rename the 25.0 folder (which is VS 2022) to 25.0_OLD. Then restart VS 2022. You need to be patient here as the restart will rebuild various folders. At the end of it when it is fully open once again, hopefully the white ones might now have changed into proper transitions. And do the same with the 24.0 folder as that is VS 2021.
The rebuild worked perfectly. This was the solution to the issue. Not sure how it happened. Its an odd thing really and I had no idea that one could "rebuild" the various folders associated with the software functionality.

Thank you so much.
fltsimguy

Post by fltsimguy »

Also, for those that might try this, be sure you export your library to a file for further reference. Once the rebuild is done, you will have a clean slate, and then just import the library file, and you will be back up and running.