32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 4gb
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 120 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung
Corel programs: PSP9 / x9 / x10 Studio 10 / 19 /20

Text Entry Box disappeared...

Post by divine_si »

How can I restore my TEXT ENTRY BOX?

Many times, if I turn the monitor off while PSP is running, when I turn it back on the Text Entry Box will disappear, but if I hide the task bar I'll see a little smidge of it and can drag it back up to the screen so I can use it. This time it has completely vanished. If I hook up a second monitor and turn off the first monitor it will "come back" and I can see it were it is suppose to be in relation to the program, but as soon as I turn on the main monitor it vanishes again. If I have both monitors on, it is gone too. Is there a way to reset the box to the default location when you install the program?
divine_si
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
ram: 4gb
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 120 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung
Corel programs: PSP9 / x9 / x10 Studio 10 / 19 /20

Re: Text Entry Box disappeared...

Post by divine_si »

"Solved" - I put it in quotes because it's not a real fix.

I had to have both monitors on, and then go into Display Settings. Then change "Extended these Displays" to "Show only on 1" for both displays. The Text Entry Box then reappeared. I had to moved it's location and then close the box before changing the Display Settings back to "Extend these Displays".
Ken Berry
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 11
System_Drive: C
motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC
processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
ram: 32 GB DDR4
Video Card: AMD RX 6600 XT
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB SSD + 2 TB HDD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2021; PSP 2022; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW2021

Re: Text Entry Box disappeared...

Post by Ken Berry »

Have you tried resetting PSP to see if that fixes it? Hold down the Shift key when opening PSP. You should get a message asking if you want to reset. OK that. When PSP is fully open, see if the problem persists.

One warning: make sure you first save any customizations you may have made, such as to the Workspace. Otherwise they will be lost during the reset but can be reinstated after the reset if you saved them.
Ken Berry