Create AVCHD disc on hard drive

deklerkt

Create AVCHD disc on hard drive

Post by deklerkt »

For some reason when I try to create a AVCHD disc from some movie files the only option is to burn it to a disc. The options to write it into AVCHD folders on hard disc are disabled.
What options are needed to enable writing to folders? I'd rather check results before toasting some discs that are not what I hoped them to be.

Theo
Ken Berry
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Post by Ken Berry »

Simple answer -- you can't! And AVCHD hybrid disc is already a significant concession to those without a Blu-Ray burner or disks, so I guess they thought burning to DVD was enough... And after all, a DVD costs far less than a Blu-Ray disk.
Ken Berry
deklerkt

toast

Post by deklerkt »

DVDs may be cheaper than BlueRays - at least for the moment - but a dual layer DVD that is used for something that turns out not to be exactly what you want, is a waste nonetheless.

I can see the disc building in the set temporary work directory where the file I'm looking for builds in cvtedtitle folder. So I'll intercept it there and cancel the rest of the process (as I'm not done yet and AVCDecoder allows me to add some audio and subtitle files to it - something failing in VS X2 unfortunately).

I find the choice of Corel not to allow this really odd - all the more because the work folder builds all this data anyway.

One more browny point missed which could be so easily been had.
Van Rouge

Post by Van Rouge »

I have found that If the film will fit on a dvd and if I select the 'create Bluray disc' option and then 'create disc folders' I get the bluray folders saved on my HD. Then if I save these on a DVD as a 'data DVD' it will play on my Bluray player even with a menu.

Ray Morris
User from 9.5mm cine to HD
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Van Rouge wrote:I have found that If the film will fit on a dvd and if I select the 'create Bluray disc' option and then 'create disc folders' I get the bluray folders saved on my HD. Then if I save these on a DVD as a 'data DVD' it will play on my Bluray player even with a menu.

Ray Morris
A wonderful discovery, I will make a link to this in our FAQ Forum.