Also, Get Answers from the Corel Knowledge Base. Then use Search because someone may have already asked the same question.
1. SUBJECT: Provide a title that best describes your problem
2. Describe your problem:
3. What devices are involved and their mode of connection?:
4. The Version of program is being used e.g. VS11+ VS11.5+ VSX2+VSX3+VSX4+X5
5. Please list all patches/updates that have been installed relating to that version of the program.
6. Details of the source files.
Note: to obtain all the properties of a file, right click on a video file in either the VS timeline or library window.
- Where did they originate (camcorder, internet, TV card etc)
- How did they get onto your hard drive (download, firewire, USB cable etc.)
- Type of video e.g. MPEG2, DV, MTS, Mov, DivX, MPEG4 etc
- Video data rate
- Type of audio e.g. LPCM, AC3, MP3 etc
- Audio data rate
If you are rendering using Share > Create Video File > Same As Project Properties? What are the Project Properties?"
8. PAL or NTSC
9. Error Codes (if any): At what point did the Error occur, during the Editing stage, or after Share – Create Disc
10. What are you trying to make, burn a Standard DVD, a HD Bluray or Avchd DVD, or Video for the internet.
By following these simple rules, you will increase your chances of obtaining a solution to your problem.
If you have not already done so, click on User Control Panel, then go to the Profile tab in the forum header and fill in the fields titled:
Please update your user profile to include your PC specification
32bit or 64bit
Hard Drive Capacity
If you do not know your system specifications, or how to look them up, there is a free utility called Belarc Advisor,you can download and run. It will tell you everything you need to know (but were afraid to ask) about your PC.
General Forum Guidelines