Making a 'reflected photo effect' image

sisom

Making a 'reflected photo effect' image

Post by sisom »

Hi all, I've been trying to make an image which has a reflection of it underneath, which fades out, but I can't seem to quite do it properly.
I'm trying to make an image as shown in this site:
http://blogs.msdn.com/powerpoint/archiv ... 52395.aspx

but I can't get the lower image to fade out completely, nor adjust how much it fades out by, across the length of the image. I've been using 'Edit' 'Fade Out', but I suspect there is a better way of doing it in PI12, and I'd also like to be able to save this to the Palette so that I can just select an image, and have PI12 automatically create a reflection for me with one keypress, if it's possible.

I apologise if this has already been answered here, I did search but wasn't sure exactly what the official name for this effect is, and didn't find anything.
mohman27

Post by mohman27 »

you can adjust it by clicking fade out button more than one or right click on the fade out you want then you will get small window you can control fading out easily and accuratly -notice that you can control the direction of the fading with the arrows above it is not difficult to the images

but to make fading out to a path or a text you need to do another way to keep editing with "text/path effect "
first write what you want and choose the color before pressing do a right click and choose "modify properties and apply" here you can choose the tool fade out and you will get the same window of fadeing out the images but you can edit it with text effects
i hope u get it :roll:
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Please view the following two links:

Reflections - Part 1

Reflections - Part 2
sisom

Post by sisom »

Thanks very much for your help, both of you, that's exactly what I was looking for!
klowther

Re: Making a 'reflected photo effect' image

Post by klowther »

sisom wrote:I'd also like to be able to save this to the Palette so that I can just select an image, and have PI12 automatically create a reflection for me with one keypress, if it's possible.
This seemed like such a good idea, I decided to try and create an EasyPalette gallery of reflection effects. You can get what I came up with here.

Follow the installation and usage instructions provided. Let me know if you have any problems with them, either by replying to this post or posting a message on the videographics.info forum. NOTE: these have only been tested on PI12. I have no idea whether they will work on earlier PI versions.

Enjoy.

- Ken
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Klowther
Ken, once again you have provided the forum with some great stuff.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and a happy prosperous new year.

Steve - Forum Admin.
sisom

Post by sisom »

Wow Ken! All I can say is WOW!
That is EXACTLY what I was after- an Easy Palette command that I can just click on, and it magically creates the reflection!
Thankyou so much, I'd guess you've probably saved me about 100 hours of time over the next year, as I'll be using this effect a lot! Great stuff!

Part 4 of your tutorial was also vital to me, I'm only learning PI12 still, but I came across that problem straight away, and used your solution (changing the base image colour) and it works beautifully. This is such a great tool! Really spices up the look of any image or text, in a jiffy.
sisom

Post by sisom »

Hi Ken, I wonder if you can point me in the direction of instructions for how you added that option to the Easy Palette?
I'd like to create a similar option, which creates three copies of an image, in different colours, one above the other, so that I can use them for 'sliding doors' mouse overs using CSS.

It would be something like this, as one image:

Link
Link
Link

I then use CSS to move the background image up by a certain number of pixels, on mouse overs and mouse clicks.
If I could set this up in Easy Palette it would save me hours and hours of time in creating these images.
klowther

Post by klowther »

To add a task to the EasyPalette, create your task, then while the task is still selected in the task tab of the quick command panel, click on the Add to EasyPalette icon just to the left of the the task name.

Hope that helps.

- Ken
sisom

Post by sisom »

Hi Ken, thanks for explaining that, I also wondered if it was possible for me to view the steps you took to create the task? Can I display the steps in the Quick Command Panel, and then maybe adjust a couple of things to make a new setting?

edit:
I've found out how to do it - right click on the effect I want to change, select 'Modify properties and apply', and then I can see all the steps involved.
I'm still having problems recording tasks in the Quick Command panel unfortunately, I'll keep persevering!
klowther

Post by klowther »

sisom wrote:Part 4 of your tutorial was also vital to me, I'm only learning PI12 still, but I came across that problem straight away, and used your solution (changing the base image colour) and it works beautifully.
I've finally figured out how to make the partial reflection effects transparent without containing any portion of the underlying base image. Now, all of the effects can create reflection images that can be used on any color background without modification. The updated gallery is available here.

The download also includes 4 photoimpact tasks for adhoc reflection image creation. Check out the web-site article for information on their installation and usage.

- Ken
Venito

Re: Making a 'reflected photo effect' image

Post by Venito »

klowther wrote:
sisom wrote:I'd also like to be able to save this to the Palette so that I can just select an image, and have PI12 automatically create a reflection for me with one keypress, if it's possible.
This seemed like such a good idea, I decided to try and create an EasyPalette gallery of reflection effects. You can get what I came up with here.

Follow the installation and usage instructions provided. Let me know if you have any problems with them, either by replying to this post or posting a message on the videographics.info forum. NOTE: these have only been tested on PI12. I have no idea whether they will work on earlier PI versions.

Enjoy.

- Ken
Thanks for this great Task !!! works 100% very good !!!

July-2008 ( Thanks Again...!!! )