Wot no content pack?!

Moderator: Ken Berry

sging1

Disappointed

Post by sging1 »

:( After the mess that was made with Ulead VS 8, the bugs, the missing content or content that would not install I bought version 9 thinking all would be put right, as the company did acknowledge the mess they made on version 8 but there was still problems. So I missed version 10 and thought version 11 would be perfect after all the previous versions and feedback they got. Unfortunately that is not so.

I also had only had ONE link in my e-mail and after contacting support they sent me the two other links for the bonus pack and the extra content only to find. Why should we have to chase something that should be there when we purchased it. The links went to 50% at a very slow pace even though I have an 8mb connection and then timed out.

:arrow: And I wanted the new version to convert 20 years of analogue video. I even had my SVHS deck repaired and serviced for this task. But I cant even do that now until they decide to fix yet another bug.

Content pack:
ftp://ULJSCCRV:4QR4UY2Q@Private.ulead.c ... ck_(e).exe

Bonus Pack:
ftp://ULFJ1CDU:NLTH3AOC@Private.ulead.c ... cd_(e).exe
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

I would suggest you use a download manager such as Get Right.
What this does is to download the file in chunks rather than the whole thing at once. This was a necessity when using a modem rather than broadband - the number of times I could see my download approaching 98% and the phone would ring - damn got to start all over again. With Get Right. you sort of continue from where it left off. There are other similar download managers available - just Google for them.

By the way - are those links 'time limited' - a number of other forum members have had this problem.
Radioman62
operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2C
processor: 2.8Ghz DC running at 3.4GHz [on extra hormones]
ram: 2Gb
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT [silent]
sound_card: External M-Audio Audiophile
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG wide Flat [generic PNP]
Location: Stora Höga, 45 km north Gothenburg on the westcoast of Sweden

Post by Radioman62 »

sjj1805 wrote:I would suggest you use a download manager such as Get Right.
What this does is to download the file in chunks rather than the whole thing at once. This was a necessity when using a modem rather than broadband - the number of times I could see my download approaching 98% and the phone would ring - damn got to start all over again. With Get Right. you sort of continue from where it left off. There are other similar download managers available - just Google for them.

By the way - are those links 'time limited' - a number of other forum members have had this problem.
He he :) You have to pay for another program to get the contents from Internet that you allready payed for? :shock: The contents pack and everything belonging to a full licence should be easy to get for the customers.
Ulead are lucky to have any customers at all. Exactly what are they thinking they are doing?? Hindering pirate copys or what?
As long as Internet have had FTP you also had the possability to sign in with a password to the server. **

If the customer spread the sign in code thats bad but in this case not even the paying customer have download bitrate enough to get the stuff he payed for. I don't understand this. I am glad I only payed for version 9. Everything made after 2006 is non working DVD's with my standalone player. The VS11 trial is a working trial editor but no DVD authoring for me. Same to VS10 and Movie Factory 3 with upgrades and probably also the other newer products.
VS 9 upgraded version is the only working software to make DVD's for me. Also. the editor in VS 11 haven't much to give the customer as upgrade from the VS9. I could only see DD5.1 as a highlight.... and with an audiomixer without master volume :roll:
I'm sorry because I like Videostudio. Maybe there should be som "compatibility check" for older players? I doubt this though. DVD is a standard so it shouldn't be changed with Uleads products after 2006?

Maybe offtopic but I have to tell my problems somewhere. I really love VS because Adobe have given me a lot more bugs, and very strange ones, past years ... It's hard to know which software to lay money on. Everyone has it's pros and cons it seems :roll:

** It could very well be that this FTP link has been "delivered" to "friends" around the world. The link allready holds user and password and if it was spread the bitrate limit would obviously go down. :?
Ulead should change this or have timelimited downloads.

This link is still working but stalls after some minutes ?
Happy filming. It's all about having fun. I'm sorry for my gloomy post :lol:
Regards // Ove Tegnér
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Radioman62 wrote:........
He he :) You have to pay for another program to get the contents from Internet that you already paid for? :shock: The contents pack and everything belonging to a full licence should be easy to get for the customers.
Who said anything about buying the Pro version?
I used the FREE version for several years before I got fed up with the nag screen telling me how many times I had used the free one and inviting me to upgrade to the Pro version. Besides, the last time I bought a Ulead product - Ulead had a download manager available - for FREE. Obviously though that only works with their downloads where Getright is a useful tool for downloads of any nature.
Radioman62 wrote:........
** It could very well be that this FTP link has been "delivered" to "friends" around the world. The link already holds user and password and if it was spread the bitrate limit would obviously go down. :?
Ulead should change this or have time limited downloads.
Links provided by Ulead are normally time limited. This is why I asked if this particular link was time limited or not. sometimes they make some links available to all users - some free stuff and also some of the additional content. A number of forum members have had problems obtaining this particular extra content and so if it has been made available to ALL of our members I would like to include the link in our "Downloads" section.