DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus=Unspecified ERROR

Moderator: DVDDoug

bozzen

DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus=Unspecified ERROR

Post by bozzen »

I just bought and installed DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus and I get the same error every time i come to step 3 ( rendering the image/dvd) . I press burn and receive the error "Unspecified ERROR" in a window and it stops rendering. I get the message instantly. I tried different source,, clips , rendering qualities , , different temp folders ,burning directly to cd , iso folders , but always the same message. I installed it on 2 different computers and recieve the same error on both with different sources ( tried every type of format ). I've used Moviefactory 3 & 5 quite a bit so i know the software( I think :) ).

My hardware:
1. Ibm Thinkpad (Lenovo) T60p 1.8 core duo 2 gb ram , ati firegl WINXP SP2
2. Self build Duo Core 2 3ghz 2 gb ram , Nvidia 7800 WINXP SP2

I hope someone can help me :)

Thomas,Norway
bozzen

Only one ?

Post by bozzen »

Am I the only one with this problem ? Does any one else use Intel Duo Core cpu's on DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus without problems ?
eheber

ME TOO!

Post by eheber »

Hi there...I keep getting this error too. I have tried to burn 3 different DVD's and I get the "Unspecified Error" code while rendering as well. I just think now that this software is CRAP! I have requested a refund of my $79.99 for this hunk of junk...I just hope they respond quickly. I plan to uninstall and go buy Nero.

I have had nothing but problems since downloading Movie Factory 6...it even screwed up my DVD drive. I had to reinstall my DVD drive which took hours. So my advice is to request a refund...sorry I can't be of more help but I am in the same boat!!!

:(
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Please click here --> Image so that we can then view your system specifications.

bozzen
Two possible problems you may have.
1. A faulty Download of the installation program - try downloading a fresh copy before the link expires.
2. A bad batch of blank DVD's.
I buy mine in bulk - several hundred at a time, they come in bundles of 50. Every once in a while I find a bundle that contains unreliable discs.
I tend to use those (wherever possible) as DATA discs rather than for video use.

eheber
Two possible problems you may have.
1. A faulty Download of the installation program - try downloading a fresh copy before the link expires.
2. A faulty DVD Drive. Try firstly going to the manufacturers website to see if there is any updated firmware for your burner.
eheber

Post by eheber »

Thanks sjj1805...you have been very helpful...I only wish you worked for Ulead!! They are NOT helpful and I cannot keep software that has zero support. I tried everything you listed and I still get so many errors. I am now wasting dual layer disks at a cost of $2.00 a piece so I have to call it a day with Movie Factory.

I am aggressively requesting a refund of my money and I hope I dont have to go to AmEx to open a dispute claim.

I hope others have better luck than I!!!
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

eheber
To save you wasting any more discs try burning to a hard drive folder instead. This will help eliminate if the DVD burner is the cause of the problem.

I always burn to a hard drive folder first anyway so that I get that last chance to check the completed DVD before placing it onto disc.
bozzen

Post by bozzen »

sjj1805: The error comes way before its actully get to the burning phase, its right away in the rendering phase(tried everything , diff temp folders, iso image , dvd folder ).

But now I tried it now on a 3rd computer running Amd Athlon 64 cpu and it WORKS without any problems. So I figure the problem is the Intel Duo Core ( 1 & 2 ) cpus. And i think that is quite embarrassing.. I hope they make update soon.

UPDATE: I actully read about a another one with the same problem , and his cpu was a amd x2 , so maybe the problem is DUAL core systems ?!

I understand eheber's frustrations completely , i feel the same way.

I wrote to Ulead Support the same day I bought and experienced the problem, and I still haven't received any email from them.
etech6355

Post by etech6355 »

sjj1805: The error comes way before its actully get to the burning phase, its right away in the rendering phase
This is usually a codec issue.
What are the video/audio properties of your source video, where or how did you obtain the source video.
From the timeline if you right click on the video and select "Media Properties" post the video & audio properties of the media that your trying to convert back to this thread.
bozzen

Post by bozzen »

etech6355 wrote:
sjj1805: The error comes way before its actully get to the burning phase, its right away in the rendering phase
This is usually a codec issue.
What are the video/audio properties of your source video, where or how did you obtain the source video.
From the timeline if you right click on the video and select "Media Properties" post the video & audio properties of the media that your trying to convert back to this thread.
This IS NOT a codec issue, becuase i've tried al kinds of different formats to make sure , with the same result each time .. !
rasta

Post by rasta »

mmm glad to find this :o , mf6 works fine in my fx x2 with vista at work, yesterday I tried in my c2d at home with xp sp1, and it pop up with this result every time it tries to start encoding:

UNSPECIFIED ERROR bla, bla..

it could be either:

1- core 2 duo related
2-needs xp sp2 or vista
3-?????

:cry:
bozzen

Post by bozzen »

rasta wrote:mmm glad to find this :o , mf6 works fine in my fx x2 with vista at work, yesterday I tried in my c2d at home with xp sp1, and it pop up with this result every time it tries to start encoding:

UNSPECIFIED ERROR bla, bla..

it could be either:

1- core 2 duo related
2-needs xp sp2 or vista
3-?????

:cry:
I've tried it with XP SP2 on Core duo 1&2 with negative result. On AMD 3700+ it worked fine ..
rasta

Post by rasta »

I've tried it with XP SP2 on Core duo 1&2 with negative result. On AMD 3700+ it worked fine ..
So core 2 duo is the problem then! and I always thaught Ulead was Intel biased :wink:
CBC

Post by CBC »

I'm not getting an error, it just won't go into the 3rd step (rendering & burning). I'm using Core2 Duo/Vista Ultimate 64bit. ULEAD support just doesn't happen -- unfortunately there are just 2 choices; wait for an update or get a refund. Bummer as it looks like a nice product.
rasta wrote:
So core 2 duo is the problem then! and I always thaught Ulead was Intel biased :wink:
quemo

Same Error Here

Post by quemo »

I just bought MF6 and had the same error. I am using an Intel P4 system with XP SP2. So its not just dual core specific. I have used MF5 since last year and have burned a lot of DVDs with it. However, I remember having burn probs with it as well, until I got the update. So I imagine we will have to do the same for MF6 - wait for the update fix.

But like everyone else, I bought it now so I could use it now. Oh well.
quemo

Mine is fixed now

Post by quemo »

Just after my previous post, I went back to the Ulead support area and downloaded the CD/DVD Burning Pack in the Ulead DVD MovieFactory support area and now am able to burn my dvds at 16x with NO "unspecified error" message. Even though MF6 is not listed, I installed it anyway. Now I am good to go. Hope this cures the ails for all the others having that same problem.