AfterShotPro2, EOS 70D incorrect White Balance

Bugs & Suggestions
txoni
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

AfterShotPro2, EOS 70D incorrect White Balance

Post by txoni »

The white balance setting for the EOS 70D seems to be way off, and I am unable to actually adjust it manually to match. I could only correct it if I used the color balance corrections.

Take the following image as sample, where white balance settings for both AfterShotPro2 and Darktable were set at "As Shot"
eos70WB.jpg
It seems to me that AfterShotPro2 has not been done camera profiling for the new cameras, since we could get exactly the same result from AfterShotPro1 by the trick of tweaking the exif info to show a 6D instead of a 70D and processing it in the older AfterShotPro(1)
nex4
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C

Re: AfterShotPro2, EOS 70D incorrect White Balance

Post by nex4 »

In contrast, I think ASP profiled the 70D which is why you see the difference. But they profiled it wrong.

Having said that, the camera thumb does not look close to Darktable either.
txoni
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A

Post by txoni »

Yes, the Darktable result isn't perfect either. But at least it is close to real by default, and I could tweak it easily to match by adjusting sightly the WB setting (just adjusting the temperature). With AS2 I was unable to do that, I had to manually use the tool that adjusts per-channel color balances.
nex4
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C

Post by nex4 »

I would suggest you to play with exiftool to change the camera ID in the photo to other Canon models.

See what I did earlier:

forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=53507&start=15#wrap