AfterShot Pro General Questions & Getting Started Forum
Zus71
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

AfterShot Pro 3 (64-bit) wont activate

Post by Zus71 »

Hello everyone,

I just bought AfterShot Pro 3 (64-bit) today from Corel website and been very frustrated I have wasted over two hours trying to get this to activate. I must say I HATE all the fancy forms of so called copy protection beyond a simple serial number because most are so picky they wind up being an Anti-use mechanism which is exactly what I am facing now. I bought the software, downloaded it from the link I was e-mailed and entered the serial number I was given. The software AfterShot Pro 3 insists there is no network connection which is impossible since I am on the Internet now and "no other" software I have installed has had issues in the past or currently. When I watch AfterShot Pro 3 start up and the screen come up it does not even look like it tries to activate. Upon startup it establishes two connections over port 80 with no problem I see than when I click Activate, AfterShot Pro 3 does not appear to try to send any data or open another connection. I noticed there was an offline Activation mentioned on the Activation screen which I tried, the Connect box yields the same error as Activate "An Internet connection is required" next I tried the "Working Offline" which was useless because AfterShot Pro is not even listed software so finally I opened a ticket which I am still waiting on a response from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Zus71

Re: AfterShot Pro 3 (64-bit) wont activate

Post by Zus71 »

Been a full day now and this problem still is not resolved and I got the impression from support they were unfamiliar with the Offline Activation mentioned on the activation screen which refers to the following link. http://www.corel.com/en/offline-activat ... m/activate
I hope I can get this resolved soon, it would be a shame to have to return several hundred dollars worth of software because one of the key components will not work right.
Zus71

Re: AfterShot Pro 3 (64-bit) wont activate

Post by Zus71 »

Support just sent me the Offline Activation code since online wont work and the software is now finally activated.

I am so happy the other Corel software I bought does not use such complex and unstable copy protection as AfterShot Pro 3 and perhaps earlier versions of it.