processor: X270
ram: 8GB
Video Card: GF210
sound_card: SBx00 Azalia
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 5GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Viewsonic, HP

Changing from ASP1 to ASP3 on Ubuntu

Post by buntu »

I could not get work ASP1 with Xenial as I did with Trusty, so I decided to buy ASP 3 with a special offer of about 52€

Is there a site which explains the difference between ASP 1 and 3? Are the xmp-files compatible?

The list with the preview-files I changed to horizontally but how can I get on top over the edited photo?

How can I see if a file is edited already. There was a mark at the preview line with ASP1.
I use Aftershot with http://xubuntu.org/
grubernd
operating_system: Linux
System_Drive: N/A
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: from atom to quadcore
Hard_Drive_Capacity: not enough

Re: Changing from ASP1 to ASP3 on Ubuntu

Post by grubernd »

since i am in the process of switching over:
Is there a site which explains the difference between ASP 1 and 3? Are the xmp-files compatible?
the xmp files are very compatible. even switching back and forth works. just don't do it with catalogs.

important: you must have the same plugins installed in ASP3, otherwise ANY edit will remove the not currently installed plugins settings from the xmp files.
since NoiseNinja as a tool is gone, those settings will be lost.

the Highlight Recovery has changed in a significant way, so images using that tool will look different.

currently i have split my archive in two folders, so new edits go into ASP3, old stay in ASP1 since i made heavy usage of HR. when looking at old images i often copy them to the new folder, and if i like what i see i just nuke the copy for asp1.
The list with the preview-files I changed to horizontally but how can I get on top over the edited photo?
i don't know.
How can I see if a file is edited already. There was a mark at the preview line with ASP1.
the Pencil icon is still there on the thumbnail, up right corner.
but whoever designed that made a bad job because it is really hard to see and highly depends on the image underneath. ah, well.....
use the Monkey to report bugs - include as much precise information as you can provide!
Bibble since 2004 - lots of it in my public archive: http://bilder.grubernd.at