processor: Pentium4
ram: 2GB
Video Card: Not-Applicable
sound_card: Not-Applicable
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 250GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung

nimbus or other emphasis effects?

Post by tr888 »

I need an effect that will attract the viewer's eye to a particular player on the field in a video of a soccer game, where a dozen or more players are in view simultaneously and the numbers on the jerseys are too small to be legible.

I am very new to video editing and don't even know the terminology or what's feasible--but a circle drawn around the player, or an arrow pointing at the player, or even a label over his head, would do. It has to be visible for about two seconds.

A more sophisticated effect would be something I saw on the Friday Night Lights show; there was a scene in which people were watching a game video where a nimbus or halo surrounds a player and stays with him as he moves around on the field. It looked as though a circular area had been defined around the player, with the region inside the circle made brighter than the rest of the moving image on the screen.

Are either of these approaches possible with DS2010?

Thanks
teknisyan
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Sony Corporation VAIO
processor: Intel Corel i5
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 GB

Re: nimbus or other emphasis effects?

Post by teknisyan »

Unfortunately, you may not be able to achieve this using DIGITAL STUDIO 2010. I suggest that you try VideoStudio Pro X4, since it has a more advanced editing feature than Digital Studio 2010.

You can download the trial of VS X4 at http://www.corel.com/trials
Like reading blogs?
About Tech
About Sports
Pnoy.Me - A URL Shortener
Follow me on Facebook & Twitter