ram: 8GB
Video Card: GeForce GTX460
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dual P221w

Adding Monitor Folder Failed

Post by Nerd3D »

Video Studio 2010

I can not add folders to be monitored and since Corel thinks I'm too stupid to know where my files are I'm not allowed to add them directly to the time line. So I can only use videos that were present when I first launched.

There's got to be a way to get around using the stupid monitored folders and just add a video file.
Ron P.
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Re: Adding Monitor Folder Failed

Post by Ron P. »

When you first launch VS 2010, in the Organizer, at the top, hover your mouse over the Import button. A menu will appear (out of nowhere, cute isn't it..lol: ), in that menu select My Computer, the next screen you should see a tree structure, having boxes to it's left, and also some + (plus) signs. Click on the plus signs to expand the folder. Scroll down to find additional folders. To select a folder for VS 2010 to import from, place a check in the box. You can select as many as you want VS to monitor and import from. Once that is done, press the orange Start button.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Nerd3D
operating_system: Vista Ultimate
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gigabyte EP45C-DS3R
processor: Intel Q9550
ram: 8GB
Video Card: GeForce GTX460
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dual P221w

Re: Adding Monitor Folder Failed

Post by Nerd3D »

And those steps result in a long procession of "Adding Monitor Folder Failed" one for each check box I marked.

At this point I really just want this crap off my computer which has turned into a fresh nightmare. I tried use the control panel to uninstall. FAIL cant find setup.msi .... OK I'll use the installer most installers now days detect the installed app and offer to remove. Guess that doesn't apply to Canadian software, FAIL it just reinstalls the busted software. According to this knowledge base there is an Cleanup Utility:

http://corel.force.com/index/articles/e ... Up-utility

The article states that I should download the utility from the "Link below" except there is no link below.

Please somebody post a link to an actually working uninstall utility so I can get this piece of Corel off my computer.

I've been through 3 week long waits for Corhell support to get back which always consists of a random link to some irrelevant Knowledge base article or a link to patches for some version of the program I don't have.