DVD Movie Factory 2010

Viddynick
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

DVD Movie Factory 2010

Post by Viddynick »

Hi all, problem: I want to make 3 short films and burn them to the same disk! How do I get my 3 separate films (saved as separate project files) into the media track so I am able to list them on the Title card/template and proceed to prepare for burning. I want to be able to move the "arrow" to select any one individual film to view. Am I the only one that is finding titles/chapters etc difficult! I am in the advanced editing suite and simply move to "share" to proceed - as of now without success!

Thanks to anyone who has the patience to reply!

Viddynick.
Ron P.
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Re: DVD Movie Factory 2010

Post by Ron P. »

Welcome to the forums,

Ok so are you using DVD Factory 2010, as in part of Corel Digital Studio, or are you using DVD Factory 2010, as part of VS X3? The reason I ask, I moved your post to the Corel Digital Studio forum. DVD Factory is actually part of Digital Studio 2010. If you are actually using VS X3, then I strongly recommend you forget about using DVD Factory 2010, and use the free replacement DVD MovieFactory 7SE. You will find it much easier to, less clunky.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Viddynick

Post by Viddynick »

Thanks for prompt response - yes, I'm using DVD Factory 2010 integral to Pro X 3. I thought this strange as it merely appeared after installing, though I could find no separate programme file for it - I tried to repair and/or modify as thought I might have some corruption somewhere but the installation disk does not allow this unless I am wrong somewhere. Thanks for putting my post into the correct slot! As for DVD Movie Factory 7SE - strangely, this appeared after installing the whole Pro X3 suite and yet I wasn't given any warning about this - it merely showed up after a re-boot! Is it me!!!!!??? Thanks anyway - I will try this suite and hope I have some success. Thanks again for your time. Happy editing. Viddynick.
Viddynick

Post by Viddynick »

Hi, continuing with my problems! I am using VS ProX3. After editing, when I come to go to the burn/titling process, I click on Create Disc and it gives me two options: DVD Factory Pro 2010 or DVD Movie Factory 7SE. If I choose Factory Pro, I can proceed and burn a disk without problem, though I think there is some corruption in between when it comes to chaptering etc. If I merely enter a title and burn, it's fine - I can get a decent film out this way. If I choose Factory 7SE option, I lose my prepared film as it does not carry forward to the burning process. It takes me to the front page where I can work on a new projet or open an existing one! If I choose the latter, I cannot open the film I have just edited because it does not recognise the .VSP file ext given to it in ProX3!! I see that Factory 7SE files have the ext *.dwz. How do I overcome this problem - could be my folders are in the wrong place perhaps? Or do I simply have some corruption/gremlins in somewhere. I would be most grateful if someone could put me back on track as this is spoiling my enjoyment of the suite to say the least! I should say I purchased the hard disc installtion only two weeks ago - I had to do a lot of updating and this maybe is where it has become corrupted - either that, or I am doing something stupid. Digital Studio was mentioned earlier but I did not purchase this suite. I see it mentioned that you can interchange between ProX 3 Advanced Edit and the express edit - if it does this, why do I have two file exts. that do not exist with each other! Hope you can understand all this! Help appreciated. Thanks, Viddynick.
Ken Berry
Site Admin
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Post by Ken Berry »

Your problem with MF 7 SE arises from a little misconception on your part. When you have finished editing in VSX3, and save your work into the VSP file, you are not creating a 'film' as you call it, but merely a project file. A VSP file in fact contains no video (or audio). It is a small text file which merely tells the program which video clips are included in the project, where they are stored and what has been done to them. Unfortunately, MF7 SE cannot recognised project files (VSPs) from VS X3 -- it was written before X3 was even on the drawing board so the code cannot recognise X3 VSP files.

So what you have to do is to create a 'film' or a final actual video file of your edited project in X3. If you are wanting to produce a standard definition DVD in MF 7 SE, then you should, in X3, go to Share > Create Video File > DVD. This will create a DVD-compatible mpeg-2 of your project. (Note that if your project is longer than one hour, then you should choose Share > Create Video File > Custom, and reduce the bitrate so the final video will fit on a DVD. Roughly speaking, a bitrate of 8000 kbps will allow one hour of video to be burned to a single layer DVD; 6000 kbps will allow 90 minutes and 4000 kbps will allow 2 hours. Note further, however, that lower bitrates produce lower quality videos.)

Then when you have produced that new mpeg-2, you go to Share > Create Disc > MF 7 SE, and when MF 7 opens, you insert that new mpeg-2, build your menu and burn the disc.
Ken Berry
Viddynick

Post by Viddynick »

Hi, thank you for your very helpful and informative reply! I would not have realised that I had to create a video file first as I have never done this before in earlier suites but gone straight to Create Disc/burn process - with titling in between. Have just succeeded in importing to Movie Factory 7 and it is now safely saved as a project file there. Grateful for your time on this. I am still confused over the installation of both suites in Pro X3 and can certainly burn - without creating a video file first - in DVD Factory 2010, though few problems middway which I think might be some corruption of my folders in Win 7. Have only recenty had an upgrade to Win 7 and find all the user/public/default folders hard work! Thank you all again for your help on this. I hope I don't have to bother you further. VIddynick.
Ken Berry
Site Admin
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Post by Ken Berry »

Yes, DVD Factory 2010 will accept X3 project files. That is because it was written to work with X3. But Corel in their wisdom had gotten rid of the successful burning engine that had been used in X2 asnd previous versions, and made DVD Factory the *only* burning option. It is a truly terrible program, extremely slow and frustrating, and template-driven. This means you don't even have the option of NOT having a menu. After many complaints, Corel finally made a slightly re-written version of an older burning program -- Movie Factory 7 SE -- available as a substitute for DVD Factory 2010. This was greeted with pleasure by just about all users as MF 7 SE uses the "old" burning engine of previous versions of VS. The only limitation is that it requires a rendered video file and won't accept an X3 project file.
Ken Berry
Viddynick

Post by Viddynick »

Hi Ken, thanks for explaining everything so clearly - I was not up to speed, having been in hospital for most of last year and then went straight to a competitor's suite when I got back to it. However, I could not take to it and reverted to Corel! - so despite the problems you mention, they must have got something right. Now - thanks to the forum - I am back on track and this afternoon have successfully completed my original task of 3 films on one disk. It was very easy to do in MF7SE - another plus is of course it moves on to disk label and case designing - which I recall in earlier suites. I have Lightscribe and found a very simple cover designer on their website, so I am now well and truly set up again. Will be interesting to watch what happens with DVD Factory 2010 - I think I said before, this seemed to install with Pro X 3 and then, by chance, after reboot on another matter, MF7SE "popped" up! It got me foxed for a time - how professional it seemed I don't think! All is now well and I am very grateful to all your guys for your help. I will try not to pop up with another problem too soon!!! Cheers, Viddynick.
RandyBeaty
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
processor: AMD 1.9 Dual core
ram: 4GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 250GB

Post by RandyBeaty »

I am using VS pro x3 that came bundled with paintshop, and evidently DVD Movie Factory 2010. I have been not burned many DVDs yet, and have been trying to with the MF 2010. I wanted to change to the MF 7se, but don't see where I can do that, and when I check for updates withing VS or MF, it doesn't show any available updates. Other posts say that Corel has offered the software as an option for VS, but I don't see now to do that.
Ron P.
Site Admin

Post by Ron P. »

Welcome to the forums Randy, :)

Have you downloaded any of the patches/service packs for VS X3? If not you will need to do so. There is one that includes DVD MF7SE, you can get to it HERE
RandyBeaty

Post by RandyBeaty »

Thanks Ron, but I have installed the 3 patches I found on the Corel site, including the one that you link to above, and none of them updated the MF to 7Se. All I see is DVD Factory Pro 2010 in the tools section or in the Share section. I am using VS Pro x3, 13.6.2.69, and DVD Factory Pro 2010 1.6.2.69.

I realize my computer barely meets the minimum system requirements for the program (AMD Athlon Dual-core QL-60 1.90 GHz processor with 4 GB Ram), but it took about 6 hours to burn a 3.9 GB DVD using DVD Factory 2010. The VS Pro X3 is great, but editing the chapters and burning the DVD was extremely slow.

I checked to make sure that I registered my copy of VS, and it is registered. It looks like something in VS Pro x3 is keeping the update from installing MF 7se. It was registered in January of 2011. I have installed the 3 available updates/patches, checked for updates in both VS and DVD Factory, and still MF 7se does not show up.
Ron P.
Site Admin

Post by Ron P. »

I knew there was a direct link to it posted somewhere on the forums, I found it and I was the one that posted it.. :oops:

This should get it for you..
DVD MF7SE
RandyBeaty

Post by RandyBeaty »