Serious Issues Registering & Launching Corel D.S. 2010!

montecarlo1987
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C

Serious Issues Registering & Launching Corel D.S. 2010!

Post by montecarlo1987 »

Hello. I have a serious issue with my Corel Digital Studio 2010. I have a licensed copy of this product. I am using Windows 7. Okay, my first issue:

After installing the Corel Digital Studio 2010 software from my downloaded file with the 2 updates, and I click on any one of the icons on my desktop to launch the appropriate program I want, in all cases, I get the Corel Digital Studio 2010 window that indicates for me to register my product. I have the option to either to register to create an account or sign-in now with an existing account. Well, I am logging into my existing account. When I do and I "sign in", I get a window that states, "This page could not be found. We're sorry; the page you are looking for has moved or no longer exists.". Hmmm, what is the problem here? That is my first issue. I should be getting directed to "Corel -- My Account" so something of the sort web page I would assume. This issue is minor compared to the next issue, but none-the-less it is an issue.

Second... ...so I cannot register online though the program... ...okay... ...now I close out of this Digital Studio 2010 window that I could not register online. I click the red "x" to close this window since it is the only way to get rid if this window. Now, when I do, I believe whatever Corel Digital Studio 2010 product I originally click on before the registration window appeared, by closing out of the Corel Digital Studio 2010 registration window, I should be getting that prospective program launching. I am not. Nothing happens. This is even a bigger issue as well. What is going on? This is the case for all the programs that make up or compose Corel Digital Studio 2010.

What are the reasons for the two issues here? What are the solutions?

I spoke to someone about this and she recommended that I try to turn off my firewall thinking this maybe the cause. I thought it was a good idea as from past experience this was often the case. I both turned off my security solutions program and I even went as far as to uninstall my security solutions program. In all cases, when I launched any program within Corel Digital Studio 2010, the same two issues still appeared -- "This page could not be found. We're sorry, the page you are looking for has moved or no longer exists." and no perspective program of Corel Digital Studio 2010 launching immediately after closing the online registration window.

Please provide me some ideas why I am having these issues and the solution to my issues.

Thank you!
Ron P.
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Re: Serious Issues Registering & Launching Corel D.S. 2010!

Post by Ron P. »

Welcome to the forums.. :)
What are the reasons for the two issues here? What are the solutions?
Not being sarcastic to you, but IMHO one reason is the program, Corel Digital Studio is a very poorly written piece of work. Corel threw in parts of this product into VS X3, and not many people have anything good to say about them, (VS Express 2010 and DVD Factory 2010). That should show that I and the other board staff members are not employees of Corel. There are a couple of members that have been spending time here, and will have something in their signature block stating that they are.

Have you tried accessing your Corel account through their website? See if there might be a problem with their website. If not than I would say it is an issue with the program, providing a good link to their server. You can try registering by calling them on the telephone. They should be able to provide you with an activation code. If that doesn't work, well... did you know that Corel is running a sale right now? $50 off VS X3, ends today, Nov 27, 2010.

VS X3 does provide you with a means to burn DVDs, called DVD MF7SE, which is a way better program than DVD Factory 2010. With VS X3 Pro you also have VideoStudio Express 2010. It's called Easy Edit in VS X3's launch screen, where the Advanced Edit is actually VS X3.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
montecarlo1987
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional

Post by montecarlo1987 »

Hello. Thank you for your prompt reply. It is nice to have outside sources that are monitoring Corel products! :)

I am able to access "My Account" thru Corel's main website. I am assuming whatever reference back to Corel's main website that was written as a link in the program itself is old and nonexistent any longer. Corel may have changed their website link to their registration page recently and the older program's link to it is now wrong. That is why I think I am getting that first issue. Makes sense to me. Basically, a solution would be another update to install into Corel's Digital Studio 2010 program with an update to their newer registration page.

Second and the most concerning is the programs that make up Corel Digital Studio 2010 are not launching. I am totally baffled at this one. I am wondering even if I do not online register through the program, that the program is made in such a way that if I refuse to online register (by bypassing the program's online registration process), that the prospective program of Corel Digital Studio 2010 will not launch? I cannot believe that to be the case since I SHOULD BE getting the program to launch REGARDLESS if you register OR not through their program's interface. I believe the program registration process is just a way for Corel to keep a record of your programs you have and their prospective serial numbers in case the user forgets it and loses it; and ultimately needs it in the future again, say from the hard drive failure where the programs need to be reinstalled again. I believe this is a record keeping process on Corel's website and is NOT necessary to use in the program AS I WOULD THINK?!? I may be wrong!?!

I also have a question... ...has anyone else here or even elsewhere been experiencing this same issues as me with Corel Digital Studio 2010 by chance? I haven't seen anyone though a preliminary searching yet.

Your thoughts?

Thank you!
Ron P.
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

I don't think that the program's registration link is too old, since CDS is not an old program. Corel has adopted an activation procedure with its latest programs. Before you can use the program it must first be activated. This is done through the on-line method or by telephone. Corel has a short video on activation. You can view it HERE. Click on the link below the Corel Digital Studio for activate your trial.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
teknisyan
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Sony Corporation VAIO
processor: Intel Corel i5
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 GB

Post by teknisyan »

Hello montecarlo1987,

If you cannot launch the program, you may want to perform a clean reinstallation. To do that, you will need to manually remove Corel Digital Studio, you can do that by following the steps from this URL: http://corel.custhelp.com/app/answers/d ... _id/763994.

Then redownload the installer from your corel account, here's how: http://corel.custhelp.com/app/answers/d ... _id/758190. If the problem persist, I suggest that you contact our Customer Support using the number posted on this page: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ ... 4151700373
Like reading blogs?
About Tech
About Sports
Pnoy.Me - A URL Shortener
Follow me on Facebook & Twitter