motherboard: dontknow
processor: dontknow
ram: dontknow
Video Card: dontknow
sound_card: dontknow
Hard_Drive_Capacity: dontknow

Please help I am losing my mind!!

Post by overambitious »

I have started a project to make my own DVD wedding invite (over ambitious hence the user name). So I have created all the videos using windows media maker which is fine. So I went to PC World and brought Video Studio Express 2010 to complete the invitation. Then the problems have begun. I have been working on this for so long now and am at an absolute loss at what to do! I need to get my invites out and this is holding everything up!! So here comes the problems:
1. Corel video keeps on crashing (this I can handle if I can sort the rest of the issues)
2. I have an MPEG-4 video which I need on the DVD I have tried to import from my computer and from a USB stick. It recognises it and says it has successfully imported however, it is not there! I have tried so many things and I just cant do it!
3. Is there anyway to get more templates?
4. Is there a way of having a video before the template?

I know this is lots of questions but I cant even phone the helpline as I am at work all day and the helpline is only open till 5pm.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me

Thanks
DVDDoug

Re: Please help I am losing my mind!!

Post by DVDDoug »

MPEG-4 can often be "difficult" (depending on the source), and since you're making a DVD, Digital Studio would need to convert it to MPEG-2 anyway... If it could...

Try converting the file(s) to MPEG-2 with SUPER (FREE!!!). Follow the confusing links to and make sure you're downloading SUPER. (There a lots of ads for the AVS converter on that site.)

Choose MPG, MPEG II, and AC3 audio. If you can copy the resolution, framerate & bitrate from Digital Studio that would be great. Otherwise, there is a chart on this page showing the appropriate DVD settings for NTSC (North America) and PAL (most of the world).

Maybe someone else can help with the template issue. (I don't have Digital Studio, or the current version of Video Studio.)
I need to get my invites out and this is holding everything up!!
Digital video can be very tricky (with all of the formats & format variations, and all of the steps involved). It can take "forever" to solve a problem so it's unfortunate to be under a deadline with your 1st project. :(
[size=92][i]Head over heels,
No time to think.
It's like the whole world's
Out of... sync.[/i]
- Head Over Heels, The Go-Gos.[/size]
Rob717
operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel DP45SG Intel P45 Express Chipset
processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q 9550
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
sound_card: On-board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 TB

Re: Please help I am losing my mind!!

Post by Rob717 »

overambitious wrote:I have started a project to make my own DVD wedding invite (over ambitious hence the user name). So I have created all the videos using windows media maker which is fine. So I went to PC World and brought Video Studio Express 2010 to complete the invitation. Then the problems have begun. I have been working on this for so long now and am at an absolute loss at what to do! I need to get my invites out and this is holding everything up!! So here comes the problems:
1. Corel video keeps on crashing (this I can handle if I can sort the rest of the issues)
2. I have an MPEG-4 video which I need on the DVD I have tried to import from my computer and from a USB stick. It recognises it and says it has successfully imported however, it is not there! I have tried so many things and I just cant do it!
3. Is there anyway to get more templates?
4. Is there a way of having a video before the template?

I know this is lots of questions but I cant even phone the helpline as I am at work all day and the helpline is only open till 5pm.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me

Thanks
This should be an easy fix, all I need to know is what version of QuickTime you have installed.

Launch the QuickTime Player and select Help | About QuickTime

If you have QuickTime 7.6.6 or higher then that would be the issue

You will need to first remove the following software: Apple Application Support, Apple Software Update and QuickTime. Once you have removed the programs use the link below to download and install QuickTime 7.6 from the link below.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL762

****PLEASE NOTE**** downgrading QuickTime will disable iTunes, if you use iTunes you can install an earlier version from the Corel product disc. If you do not have the disc you will need to find a download source for an older version of iTunes.

The reason why the latest version of QuickTime causes a crash is because of the Apple Application Support program it installs, this is needed for QuickTime and iTunes to function. The version of Apple Application Support that is installed from QuickTime 7.6.6 or higher has a dll file that conflicts with VideoStudio when working with files that are associated with the QuickTime Player.

If you were to check the details of the error message by using the Windows Event Viewer located under the admin tools in the control panel you will see a faulting module listed in the details named coreaudiotoolbox.dll.

coreaudiotoolbox.dll is not a Corel dll, it looks that way but its actually a dll from Apple Application Support.

I hope this helps, if it doesn't let me know