motherboard: 800 megahertz
processor: 2.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core
ram: 3GIG
Video Card: NViDIA GE force G210
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio 4x
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 750.10 Gig

Corel DVD Factory

Post by Sam »

I have recently installed Corel Video Studio and have had numerous problems - even the level 2 Techs have failed to solve most of them -- including why Corel often locks leaving the PC just fine to work "around" it!!! Never heard of such.
I need help today with a really serious situation which I created by deleting all the folders which I had imported into my Corel DVD Factory page because so many of them were corrupted. There were many with names unheard of by me (not default names either) and many, many which were MT -- others with icons which had no meaning to me -- so I deleted all thinking I could "import" more!
Wrong!
I have several thousand photos in about 20 folders which are "greyed out" when I attempt to re-import them from "My Compter" > Documents > Pictures. In fact, they are greyed out no matter where I attempt to import them from -- such as from my 150 G external hard drive!
I know I can go to my recycle bin and look for them but that will take a thousand years and I am 70 years old!
Any suggestions that an "intermediate" user could understand
Ron P.
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Re: Corel DVD Factory

Post by Ron P. »

Welcome to the forums,

First which program are you talking about, DVD Factory 2010 or DVD MovieFactory 7SE?
deleting all the folders which I had imported into my Corel DVD Factory page
Could you clarify what you mean by DVD Factory Page? I suspect you mean the Organizer/Library.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Sam
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: O
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Post by Sam »

I'm sorry that I've not been able to respond to your queston in response to my post but have experienced health isssues and have not been able to be at my PC much.
All I know about my version is that I have installed Digital Studio 2010 and whatever version of DVD Factory it contains is what I have. I am unable to determine the version from the pkg.

I am able to create reasonably good DVD slideshows but am UNABLE to add audio to any of them. There is a 17 sec bit of music (sample music) with the intro and after that, nothing = in spite of my best efforts. The Videos will play on my DVD player fine now tho which was a problem before. That short music selection appears on EVERY DVD SS which I try to make and resists my efforts at removing it -- which I would LOVE to do!

Also, I have an issue with the options in my "Setting" index. I only have the option to choose "Fun" on the first page and then when I go to settings, I am able only to choose "Dolby or ????", and two other option windows (??? - cannot rememebr)_ so I know that several of my "settings options" are missing. I do recall that the first time I opened the app, I had optons to chose "merging", displsy time, etc, and now they are gone.

The BIG problem is the fact tht I am unable to add ANY sound.
I will attempt to put my System Information here for you to see.
Sam

Model #: p6120t
Product #: AV976AV-ABA
Serial #: MXV937087T
Software Build #: 93NAv3PcA5
Service ID #: 091-909
PCBRAND: Pavilion
Ron P.
Site Admin

Post by Ron P. »

With DVD Factory 2010 you are allowed 1 audio/music track. While you can add more to the time-line, you can only select one to play during your production. To add more (different) song, you need to be in the menu edit page, then just above the time-line select Soundtrack. Next you need to click on the More Music button, which will open a navigation page having to panes. The left pane will be a tree structure of your computer, use it to navigate to where your music is located, audio files will appear in the right pane. Select the soundtracks by placing a check in the box to the left of them, then click the Add button, and you will be returned to the Soundtrack part of the time-line. To change which soundtrack is used, click on the Plus sign that appears when you hover your mouse over the soundtrack.

Now with all that said, you realize that the soundtracks are for menus only, not for the slideshow. DVD Factory 2010 is a DVD authoring program (a very poor one). You are not able to build a slide-show where you can add your soundtracks, text titles overlaying photos. To do that you need a more sophisticated program. I believe with Digital Studio 2010, you also should have VideoStudio 2010. Use it to build your slide-show, then render that to a video file, which you would import to DVD Factory 2010 to build your menu and burn a DVD.
Sam
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: O
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Post by Sam »

Thanks Ron, for all your help. I will attempt to apply thees things as soon as I am able. I do agree that this Corel thing is not a veyr good application for sure. They willnot answere my emails and offer no explanation at all. Would you care to suggest an affordable program that I may buy for processing my old (and new digital) photos to slide shows. Also, I have several DVD's with all my old 8MM hme movies digitalized to them and I want to make (eventually) BluRay copies of the DVD's whihc I'd like to create now. Any suggestion of an affordable program for an old disabled veteran who wants to record some (understandable) video record of his family would be much appreciated.

Sam Sayger
Hernando, MS
say***ger2@gmail.com
* please omit ***"s
Thanks
Ron P.
Site Admin

Post by Ron P. »

Sam,
How long have you owned Digital Studio 2010? They do have a 30-day money back guarantee. The reason I ask, is that maybe you can get them to exchange your Digital Studio 2010 for VideoStudio Pro X3. The Advanced Edit of VS Pro X3, is thousands times better, it also includes an Easy Edit which is VideoStudio 2010 Express, and DVD Factory Pro 2010, AND since DVD Factory Pro 2010 is such an el-stinko piece of software, they provide a trimmed-down version of DVD MovieFactory Pro 7, DVD MovieFactory 7SE. The program costs the same as what you paid for Digital Studio 2010.

Look at my signature block, where I list all the versions of VS, DVD MovieFactory, and then there is the once very powerful, popular MediaStudio Pro. I've used VS since version 5, skipped 6 & 7, then resumed with VS8. I've tried numerous others (competitors), but find VS much better. I'll send you a PM on the web board..;)