DVD factory pro 2010

nannym

DVD factory pro 2010

Post by nannym »

Hello everyone
Please bear with me on this as it is my first post :?: . I have recently purchased and used VideoStudio Pro X3 and great it seems, except? I have made my home movie with video, photos and audio, appears to play great and saved. Then click on "share" create disc". Fill in all details make a "front page", I have no chapters etc (at least I don't think so, no green triangles etc). Preview final results - plays great all the way through. Load in DVD-R and set to record to disc.

Have a cup of tea whilst disc finishes recording, so far so good.

Now the problem, when I play it back on dvd player (and I have 3 all different) it plays okay except for some reason in playback it stops half-way and goes back to the start. I know there are settings you can change but I have tried every setting, it makes no difference. I must have tried about 6 dvd's without success. There is enough space on the disc with spare and the film runs about 30minutes.

I have looked on Corel but cannot find an answer. Before I contact them does anyone have a clue where I am going wrong.

I am not terribly technically minded (as my name suggests being of grandparent age!) but willing to learn with easy instructions.

Hope someone can help me. I do have another question about VideoStudio Pro X3 but will leave that for another post as it is not urgent.

Nannym :(
Ken Berry
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Re: DVD factory pro 2010

Post by Ken Berry »

Hi Nannym -- and welcome to the forums! And don't worry about your age -- quite a few of us here (me included!) are of grandparenting age. (For instance, I am 60.)

I have moved your post to the correct forum as it was not related to Movie Factory but to the pretty awful new authoring module included with X3...

I am afraid I don't know the answer to your question as I refuse in effect to use DVD Factory 2010. But hopefully someone who does may be able to answer this...

However, have you found the Do More feature in X3 -- up in the top right hand corner of screen, beside the usual X, - and re-size buttons there is a circle of dots with an arrow. If you click on that, there should be a new screen with a series of tabs, one of which is Do More. And there should be an icon on that for a download of Movie Factory 7 SE which is the recently released substitute for DVD Factory 2010. It is much better, and much easier to use, particularly if you have used previous versions of Video Studio... Note that the Do More button will usually only appear 3 days or more after you have installed X3. And you have to make sure your computer Firewall has Video Studio X3 entered as an exception (to allow it to access the internet).
Ken Berry
nannym

Post by nannym »

Thank you for your information. However I do not think I explained myself very well as I do not understand why you should say it was in the incorrect forum.

The product I bought is Corel Video Studio Pro X3 which also includes "Advanced Edit", Easy Edit, DV-to-DVD Wizard and DVD Factory Pro 2010.

As mentioned I "produced" my video in the Advanced Edit section (I thought I did a great job). I found it very easy to use and was able to add video, photos, music, transitions etc etc without any problems (of course a bit of trial and error to start with).

As mentioned my problem started when I clicked on the link "Share" and "Create Disc". This took me into "DVD Factory Pro 2010". Once again the setup there was straightforward, I made a front page, Title etc. I then clicked on "burn" disc and off it went.

The problem is when I playback the video on a dvd player it only plays half-way through before it returns to the beginning (this is after I have previewed the whole of the video previously and all was well). So as far as I can see the problem is in the DVD Factory Pro 2010 section of the programme.

I have indeed found the Do More feature. On your advise I have downloaded the Movie Factory 7SE but have not yet tried it. First glance it looks very much like I used to have quite some time ago.

Nannym
Ken Berry
Site Admin
motherboard: Intel NUC7i7BNB J31145-306
processor: Core i7-7567U + 32 GB Optane
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Intel Iris Plus 650
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Kogan 32" 4K 3840 x 2160
Corel programs: VS 2020; PSP 2020; MS3D; ASP 3; DRAW 17

Post by Ken Berry »

No -- I realise you were using VS X3, but your question related to the burning module which came with it, which DVD Factory 2010, and that is part of Corel Digital Studio 2010, which is this forum I have transferred you to. You will have more chance of your question being answered here than in the VS forum, where there is little sympathy with any of the elements of Digital Studio 2010, and certainly not with DVD Factory 2010...

I am glad, however, that you have downloaded Moviet Factory 7 SE. And yes, it will resemble pretty closely the burning modules you have been used to in previous version of Video Studio. That is its main attraction...! :lol:
Ken Berry
msuplantdoc
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: ACPl x86
processor: AMD Phenom 9500
ram: 3 g
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400xt
sound_card: realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 gig

Post by msuplantdoc »

I download Factory 7SE as a better burning package. However, when I try to compile 5 or 6 short (5 minute, mp4-hd movie files) into a DVD or AVCHD disk, each file loses about 50% of the length. Even when I load a file into 7SE, file info has the data amount about right, but the run time is about 50% too short. Using the burning module in X2 doesn't have this problem, but it is very slow and the quality is not as good. Even the crude burning module in X3 doesn't cut off 50% of each film to be compiled.
msuplantdoc
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: ACPl x86
processor: AMD Phenom 9500
ram: 3 g
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400xt
sound_card: realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 gig

Post by msuplantdoc »

I discovered that 7 SE reports that my mp4 HD files created in X3 are 60fps. Other software correctly reports 30 fps. Perhaps, this is the reason I am losing 50% of each movie file compiled to DVD or AVCHD disk. X2 burning works OK, but the image quality is rather poor with excessive artifacting.
ljohnl
operating_system: Vista Home Premium

Post by ljohnl »

does anyone has an answer to the nannum question because I have same problem with my corel!
Ron P.
Site Admin
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Post by Ron P. »

ljohnl wrote:does anyone has an answer to the nannum question because I have same problem with my corel!
Welcome to the forums, :)

Same problem as in, your DVD only playing partially through? To start off please provide more information. Are you also using DVD MF7SE or DVD Factory 2010? Are the video files used, created in VS X3 or some other editor? What are the properties of the video files you're using?
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator