Also, please look in the Corel Knowledge Base. Then use Search because someone may have already asked the same question.
If you have not already done so, click on User Control Panel, in the forum header and from the Profile Tab fill in the fields titled:
32bit or 64bit
Hard Drive Capacity
Then we can view your system specs below your avatar or username.
For problems not covered, please use this format in posting your questions:
1. SUBJECT: Please use a subject that describes your exact problem
2. Describe your problem:
3. What devices are involved and their mode of connection?:
4. The Version of program is being used e.g. VS11+ VS11.5+ VSX2-X3-X4-X5
5. Please list all patches/updates that have been installed relating to that version of the program.
6. Details of the source files.
Note: to obtain all the properties of a file, right click on a video file in either the VS timeline or library window.
- Where did they originate (camcorder, internet, TV card etc)
- How did they get onto your hard drive (download, firewire, USB cable etc.)
- Type of video e.g. MPEG2, DV, DivX, MPEG4 etc
- Video data rate
- Type of audio e.g. LPCM, AC3, MP3 etc
- Audio data rate
8. PAL or NTSC
9. Did this error occur at the SHARE - Create Video Step
OR have you gone directly to the SHARE - Create Disc Step
(In other words you have a VSP file in the Create Disc Step)
10. Error Codes (if any):
By following these simple rules, you will increase your chances of obtaining a solution to your problem.