How To Install DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus

Before creating a post please read these guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions.

Moderator: Ken Berry

dvddude

How To Install DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus

Post by dvddude »

This is my first post here. I've just recently purchased DVD Moviefactory 6 Plus (online download) from Ulead's online store. I'm alittle confused by the e-mail I was sent that contained the download links for the software download. The download contained six parts plus a seven that contained extra content. I've installed part 1 but when trying to install the other parts the options I'm give are either uninstall or repair. Is part 1 the only thing I need to install and if so what are parts 2-6 for? How do I install the extra content. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

dvddude :wink:
heinz-oz

Post by heinz-oz »

What is the file name for part 1 and the other parts?
snoops

Post by snoops »

The mail I got with MF5+ did not describe the installation steps.
It is actually easy, but Ulead is often sloppy and inconsiderate when dealing with such basic issues.

Anyway, MF6 is probably very similar...
First you download everything and put them all in the same folder. It is best if this folder is new, empty, and not on your system drive. This way you keep everything together without other stuff.

Part1 is an exe and the other parts belonging to it are probably "rar" files. Run part1 and and will look for all its parts, and unpacks itself as well as the other parts into a new folder you choose. This new folder becomes the installation media. This is preferably also somewhere outside the system drive if possible. The installation of the product is started in this new folder, with Setup.exe.

So the answer to your question is, you just run part1 (which requires all other parts to be present or it will fail).

The reason the download is in several parts is people with an interrupted download would have to download the whole thing again.

You may want to adjust some things before installing to avoid installing certain components and phone-home services, but this is mentioned in other threads and will not be repeated here.

Additional downloads aside from part1 to partN are installed separately. My MF5+ had Cool3d as a separate download.

Make sure to backup all downloads and license key after installation because the download links expire. Even better is to burn the contents of the folder where everything was unpacked onto a data cd, because this cd can then be used as an installation cd, without needing to build it from the partN files again.
Henry
dvddude

Post by dvddude »

snoops wrote:The mail I got with MF5+ did not describe the installation steps.
It is actually easy, but Ulead is often sloppy and inconsiderate when dealing with such basic issues.

Anyway, MF6 is probably very similar...
First you download everything and put them all in the same folder. It is best if this folder is new, empty, and not on your system drive. This way you keep everything together without other stuff.

Part1 is an exe and the other parts belonging to it are probably "rar" files. Run part1 and and will look for all its parts, and unpacks itself as well as the other parts into a new folder you choose. This new folder becomes the installation media. This is preferably also somewhere outside the system drive if possible. The installation of the product is started in this new folder, with Setup.exe.

So the answer to your question is, you just run part1 (which requires all other parts to be present or it will fail).

The reason the download is in several parts is people with an interrupted download would have to download the whole thing again.

You may want to adjust some things before installing to avoid installing certain components and phone-home services, but this is mentioned in other threads and will not be repeated here.

Additional downloads aside from part1 to partN are installed separately. My MF5+ had Cool3d as a separate download.

Make sure to backup all downloads and license key after installation because the download links expire. Even better is to burn the contents of the folder where everything was unpacked onto a data cd, because this cd can then be used as an installation cd, without needing to build it from the partN files again.

Thanks for your help, snoops. I kinda suspected that the six parts might be all in one so to speak but wasn't sure. Each company seems to have a different method of installation and wanted to be sure I was doing it right before I proceeded.

dvddude :D :wink:
sjj1805
operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Post by sjj1805 »

Title of thread slightly altered and thread moved to FAQ's.