xxx
MatejZEM
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re:

Post by MatejZEM »

John Moran_2 wrote:
sisom wrote:It's certainly not down to overheating - my PC's on for days at a time, and would have crashed completely long before now.
Sisom:
Suggest that you take steps to clean out all dust and lint from your cpu heat sink and fan. Suggest that you also consider temporarily pulling the heatsink off the cpu and sparingly applying new "thermal grease", whatever it is called.

Then put everything back together and see if you get more consistent results with PI X3 resizing. If a laptop is involved, cleaning is more difficult, but also more likely to be needed. Sounds redundant, doesn't it, ut I've "been there, done that" more than once after blaming my newest hobby software over the years.
John
Yup, thermal paste or grease is a common issue. It should be reapplied at least once a year. That means most people never gonna do it :D Also what you should try is to go for some high-end stuff. Stay away from cheep thermal grease. The best ones will bring you a very notable improvement.
canuck
operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Re:

Post by canuck »

MatejZEM wrote:
John Moran_2 wrote:
sisom wrote:It's certainly not down to overheating - my PC's on for days at a time, and would have crashed completely long before now.
Sisom:
Suggest that you take steps to clean out all dust and lint from your cpu heat sink and fan. Suggest that you also consider temporarily pulling the heatsink off the cpu and sparingly applying new "thermal grease", whatever it is called.

Then put everything back together and see if you get more consistent results with PI X3 resizing. If a laptop is involved, cleaning is more difficult, but also more likely to be needed. Sounds redundant, doesn't it, ut I've "been there, done that" more than once after blaming my newest hobby software over the years.
John
Yup, thermal paste or grease is a common issue. It should be reapplied at least once a year. That means most people never gonna do it :D Also what you should try is to go for some high-end stuff. Stay away from cheep thermal grease. The best ones will bring you a very notable improvement.
You just resurrected a 10 year old thread :D